Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#108047] Written by: sandyzelaya [03/08/2009, 16:51]
just got through watching e01 and e02!

the show seems promising. worth the d/l
[#108055] Written by: Guinevere [03/08/2009, 17:25]
first space show, non star trek geekies will like. less weird stuff, more drama, just perfect so far
[#108056] Written by: ottawaman [03/08/2009, 17:30]
but..but...this show has to suck..dosen't it?? isnt it just melrose place/big brother with fancy sets??
i havent seen it yet and i am kicking myself for even downloading it.. but isnt this just a feeble attempt
to get the scifi people (oooppss i mean syfy..and how lame is that???)
[#108086] Written by: topoopon [03/08/2009, 20:47]
every review i had read said it's "grey's anatomy" in a spacecraft and that "virtuality" was better and
had more promise. enough for me to avoid "defying gravity". probably won't last.

edit: copied from ask matt on tvguidemagazinedotcom...

question: i just read a review of the time traveler's wife, which i can now see influenced
journeyman, a show i thought was unique until i started hearing about life on mars. the similarities
didn’t seem to hurt the shows any, though both ended up canceled. i guess if you’ve got to copy an
idea it may as well be a good one, but now i am seeing ads for a new show about young sexy
astronauts on a dangerous space mission that is also being taped for a reality tv show. and the show is
not virtuality. so which came first, virtuality or defying gravity? i know that defying gravity is based
on a bbc show, but i was pretty sure virtuality was one of a kind. the similarities between the two
shows are copious; on both shows the demise of a crew member puts the mission in peril. i know you
liked virtuality, but how does it stack up to defying gravity? does one cancel out the other?—stephanie

matt roush: you can read my initial thoughts on defying gravity here. it’s just one of those weird tv
coincidences that two shows dealing with such similar premises would be generated around the same
time. this isn’t really a case of which came first and who’s copying who. when networks decide they
want to be in the outer-space business, there’s often overlap, and when you watch the two shows, they
really don’t have that much in common, execution-wise. virtuality was much denser and darker in tone
than gravity, which is basically an abc-style soap opera in space. i don’t see much potential in it, but
i’ll probably keep an eye on it for as long as it lasts (though once new shows begin emerging in
september, good luck to this one).
[#108088] Written by: slappy247 [03/08/2009, 20:57]
is anyone else having an issue with the file?

using vlc 1.0.1 it stops towards the end, but if i skip a few seconds a head it continues to play.
also, when i try to convert it with ffmpeg i get:

[mpeg4 @ 0x3eb810]header damaged.

any one getting the same thing, or have a solution?
[#108120] Written by: Coco [03/08/2009, 22:40]
yes the file does have an issue in it. you can wait for a proper and just deal with it. it's only glitched for
a second.
[#108127] Written by: j2daff [03/08/2009, 23:24]
small glitch but this show is worth checking out. was better than i expected and has a lot of
promise
[#108383] Written by: phishybongwaters [05/08/2009, 07:58]
has there been a proper of this one yet? someone propered episode 2 for, i'm assuming, the same reason.

did vlc give you the option to repair the file? sometimes if the index it messed vlc will "rebuild"
it for you, giving you a popup when you try to play the file.

i'm looking forward to checking this out so i can love or hate it, but i'd rather not watch some of
it and have it glitch out and stop playing.
[#108680] Written by: slappy247 [07/08/2009, 03:36]
the glitch is only minor, and no vlc did not ask to rebuild the index. it essentially "hangs" around
30minutes, but if you skip forward a few seconds it continues to play. if i recall correctly, the
"hang" is not at a vital part and thus not to intrusive; yet it is still annoying.

good luck and enjoy the show!
[#108972] Written by: mxshun133 [09/08/2009, 11:20]
way better than expected. looking forward to the next episodes

8/10 for story. a/v quality as expected for the filesize
[#108995] Written by: ottawaman [09/08/2009, 17:15]
Quote by ottawaman
but..but...this show has to suck..dosen't it?? isnt it just melrose place/big brother
with fancy sets??
i havent seen it yet and i am kicking myself for even downloading it.. but isnt this just a feeble attempt
to get the scifi people (oooppss i mean syfy..and how lame is that???)

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i
liked
it!!!!

nooooooo
khannnnnnnnn!
[#109023] Written by: darrennie [09/08/2009, 23:41]
Quote by slappy247
is anyone else having an issue with the file?

using vlc 1.0.1 it stops towards the end, but if i skip a few seconds a head it continues to play.
also, when i try to convert it with ffmpeg i get:

[mpeg4 @ 0x3eb810]header damaged.

any one getting the same thing, or have a solution?

and after 2hrs of it ya didn't miss much.
[#109029] Written by: dexluther [10/08/2009, 00:28]
Quote by slappy247
the glitch is only minor, and no vlc did not ask to rebuild the index. it essentially
"hangs" around
30minutes, but if you skip forward a few seconds it continues to play. if i recall correctly, the
"hang" is not at a vital part and thus not to intrusive; yet it is still annoying.

good luck and enjoy the show!

i played it mpc (with ccp codecs) and it played fine. maybe it's a vlc issue. is your version up-to-date
(sometimes the newest version is the problem).
[#109114] Written by: Zar [11/08/2009, 12:29]
it's better than virtuality, which was kind of disappointing for me.

i think this will be a very nice show.
[#117396] Written by: crazyivan [30/08/2009, 21:30]
i didn't like it, but i'm not a mexican teenage girl who is the target audience. the part where the
guys talk to the camera about their feelings was pathetic. babies and marriage and emo... and
space?? sigh.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]