TV Packs only

Defying Gravity S01E08 HDTV XviD-NoTV

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#118134] Written by: vargul [12/09/2009, 18:32]
although, it is pretty clear to me what will happen in the next ep..... hell i can't wait to watch it!
[#118135] Written by: msilsby [12/09/2009, 19:10]
awesome show.

shame it doesn't look like we will get another series!
[#118137] Written by: ArcticCloud [12/09/2009, 19:15]
what are they carrying, a g.e.c.k.?
[#118152] Written by: Drudwy [13/09/2009, 00:29]
Quote by msilsby
awesome show.

shame it doesn't look like we will get another series!

i agree - looks like this one will end up following firefly, shame too - nothing else on t.v. is
quite like it.

i don't know why 2.5 million viewers isn't considered enough, though - happy days started with worse
ratings, and it ran 6 seasons. something is missing in tv these days.
[#118155] Written by: PusanCanadian [13/09/2009, 02:32]
i think it's going because it started slow like a sci-fi soap opera, and most of the big initial
audience walked (ran) away! what's the old line ...."you don't get a second chance to make a good
first impression".
[#118165] Written by: logoth [13/09/2009, 08:36]
Quote by arcticcloud
what are they carrying, a g.e.c.k.?

garden of eden creation kit ftw.

love this show. but scifi shows never get big audiences unless they are very bad ...
[#118247] Written by: maxbig1 [14/09/2009, 15:34]
i just read this may be the last episode aired due to really bad ratings. it's not my favorite, but
i will admit i'm curious as to what it that is trying to make contact.
[#118264] Written by: Knightrous [14/09/2009, 18:00]
seems people need to read up on this show a bit more, according to the wikipedia page for it:

"the show is being co-produced by the bbc, fox television studios, and omni film productions in
association with canadian broadcasters ctv television network, space, and german broadcaster
prosieben."

notice, no mention of abc being involved in the actual production, they simply picked the show up for
broadcast in the usa; as it stands, the show should end up being shown in plenty of other countries to
ensure you get to see it all, although that might be a case of "eventually". i know i've not heard any
mention of a uk broadcast, so it's a little galling to have my tv license fee going towards the cost of
producing this show, but then you had abc claiming it is as their production in all the trailers they did
and they got to show it first.
[#118267] Written by: clive22262 [14/09/2009, 18:01]
sad news about the end of the program, it is going the way of many good shows that the execs never
gave a chance.
[#118282] Written by: ZapperZ [14/09/2009, 19:31]
well it's not overly surprising, but doesn't make a lot of sense to do so with only two episodes
remaining. hopefully it will finish up here in canada though.

i can see the big problem with it. if you didn't watch every episode you would be unable to get into it,
with all the backstory in each episode. the whole minisreis is two stories in one which can turn a lot of
people off. often the backstory is just plain boring and much of it appears to just be filler.
[#118299] Written by: slimreturns [14/09/2009, 21:38]
god! i'm really getting to the point where i'm just going to stop watching television! why is it that
every time a i get interested in a show it gets canceled before it even gets a chance to pick up a
following? invasion, jericho, 4400, firefly, dead like me, terminator scc, etc. wonder what the
chances of it getting picked up by someone else are? maybe there will be a dvd movie or something.
oh well.
[#118304] Written by: dexluther [14/09/2009, 22:15]
unfortunately, i think the chances of someone else picking it up are pretty slim. even if the fans revolt
and try everything in their power to save it. same thing happened with both stargate series (although i
will admit sg-1 was getting a little too old. it was still good though).

to be honest tv isn't about entertaining the fans anymore. it's about keeping the brain dead zomies
idiots glued to the screen as they watch yet another low budget reality show. their only real purpose is
to serve as tools to rake in millions through advertising.
[#118309] Written by: Audiovore [14/09/2009, 23:10]
Quote by drudwy

i agree - looks like this one will end up following firefly, shame too - nothing else on t.v. is
quite like it.

i don't know why 2.5 million viewers isn't considered enough, though - happy days started with worse
ratings, and it ran 6 seasons. something is missing in tv these days.

1. firefly is a completely different beast, and was canceled before it hit the screen(put on friday
night out of order).

2. this episode got an .8 neilson, which is "2.5mil", i believe anything under a 1 is generally
considered a letdown for broadcast. i mean freakin the vampire diaries apparently got close to 5mil.

i really don't know why you guys think it was so great. there are far fewer fans [of dg] than for the
other [actually good] canceled sci-fi shows, i.e. invasion, jericho, 4400, firefly, terminator scc.
virtually
had far more potential, but wasn't even given a chance. i don't think dollhouse will survive after
this season either, the networks think they should still pull larger than cable audiences which i
think is impossible in this day and age.
[#118334] Written by: jackjohn [15/09/2009, 07:12]
this show is so bad.

a manned space mission touring the solar system - ridiculous premise anyway - but one of the
eminently unhot females aboard, (so the show's target audience is not particularly male), actually
says "is it me or is everybody on this ship crazy?"

stunning dialogue, completely believable, yeah, right.

grey's anatomy in space is probably a good description - but even grey's anatomy wasn't this
p*sspoor.

i love the way everybody in it is going through excruciatingly tough times, and performing badly cos
of it. they are supposed to be freaking astronauts! not a bunch of lily-livered emotional jellies!

ludicrous.

i didn\'t get to the end of the third ep.
[#118413] Written by: Cooler [16/09/2009, 11:16]
good show. it may end up soon cancelled, because of that.

"jackjohn", what touring? if you mean it's somehow less believable than taking the direct, short
route, you're sorely mistaken. on the other hand, perhaps you expect this drag as long as the
ridiculous "prison break"? if so, i hope you're wrong. however, even while things seems to speed up,
it don't have to take more that 20 episodes to get all things wrapped up. then again, your opinion
is understandable, as you've preactically missed the whole show.

-

oh, yes... beta? we do know what beta is, don't we? let's see...
first kept as secret... check. being altering humans... check. telepathic visions... check. first
seen as a bright light... check. strange voices as (start of) communications... check. only thing
missing is a deep voice saying "yes...", but all else obviously points beta being a vorlon! welcome,
ambassador kosh...

just kidding!
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]