Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#118598] Written by: zkirkpatrick [18/09/2009, 22:55]
i love you eztv
[#118606] Written by: bevis [18/09/2009, 23:42]
i love my wife, i love my kids, i love pizza, i love chocolate, i secretly love my nineteen year-old neighbor
who gets changed with her lights on and her curtains open, and i love tv.

that is why i agree with zkirkpatrick - i love you eztv!!!

:)
[#118616] Written by: NimrodAUS [19/09/2009, 03:06]
oh thank you so so much eztv i thought i was going to slip into depression with the rumours of
defying gravity ending. i thought id never get to see what happened after episode 8. atleast if it ends
sooni've had time to prepare myself. great work eztv. you guys are the best.
[#118620] Written by: S4bb3 [19/09/2009, 04:06]
awesome episode! hopefully this will get this show the ratings it deserves, sci-fi fans all over,
this is the shit!
[#118621] Written by: S4bb3 [19/09/2009, 04:08]
and... by the way... i agree with zkirkpatrick
[#118627] Written by: JLK [19/09/2009, 05:29]
wow, the show just keeps getting better and better, this episode should be their second season
ticket imo, if the ratings go up.
[#118630] Written by: syfysharon [19/09/2009, 06:47]
this episode rocks. i'm so glad they didn't drag it out........the best so far. i adore the show. bring
on the next one. i agree eztv rocks too!!!!!!!!!!!
[#118641] Written by: Assmunch [19/09/2009, 10:16]
excuse me, there's something in my eye...

oh wait, no, i'm in awe to defying gravity's awesomeness.

it's not everybody's cup of tea but that episode was a step beyond anything i've seen on tv for a
while - the acting is great, the arc seems to make sense, the pacing is slow enough to seem epic but
fast enough to feel that every episode moves forward.

i'll definitely miss this a lot more than i miss firefly, space: above and beyond and journeyman all
together and doubled. it's scifi with so much more.

this show is my absolutely perfect cup of tea.
[#118648] Written by: logoth [19/09/2009, 13:23]
damn ep8 was great and after this it defo will get cancelled
[#118663] Written by: davee [19/09/2009, 18:19]
damn you eztv!!! i thought this pos show was over, and then you go and give me e09 . now i have
to watch it just in case, however unlikely, they tell/show us what beta is. please stop doing this
to me, i really don't like it, it sucks huge hairy donkey balls.
[#118693] Written by: c0ld [20/09/2009, 05:07]
Quote by achdeeteevee
and it will be a real crime because you can
simply bet that the last four episodes will be the very best

not hard considering the first 8 were abysmal.
[#118703] Written by: Orbitalrock [20/09/2009, 07:59]
great work eztv love your work
damm bad to here that news but for a sci-fi it’s a great show and people making comments like the last
post just shows they are not sci-fi fans and should go back to watching buffy if you can’t comprehend
the show your watching.

sorry for the rant but im sick of people calling good sci-fi rubbish
[#118718] Written by: c0ld [20/09/2009, 10:57]
good sci-fi is bsg, firefly and lost. this is just an unending series of cloying, puerile
relationship dramas mixed with blatant bible belt ethics, but set on a space ship and training
facility. the singular sci-fi element has been the only thing of any note in the entire series, but
they dragged it out so badly that this weeks massive exposition dump could easily have been the pilot.

not that i don't think it had potential. they just needed to realise that potential a lot faster
than they were doing.
[#118733] Written by: davee [20/09/2009, 14:16]
Quote by orbitalrock

sorry for the rant but im sick of people calling good sci-fi rubbish

you're entitled to your rant ofc, but for your information this show is neither of those things.
[#118969] Written by: SirDeimos [22/09/2009, 21:14]
cancellation review:

after watching the first two episodes of the unexpectedly short running of defying gravity, i found
the only way for a sci fi fan to enjoy this show was to simply skip past all of the inconsequential
flashbacks. it started to feel more like a blending of other shows than a new series. the
discontinuous timeline was clearly shaped after the format of lost, the entire premise of the show
felt like the pilot "virtuality" which aired a few months ago, and the twinkly sound effects to
represent emotions was reminiscent of grey's anatomy.

the show had a great premise, with a mysterious entity controlling events form the background, and
semi-realistic space physics (all but the lacking concept of inertia and use of super luminous
transmissions was fine), but what realyl left me thinking "this show sucks" was half the episode
wasted by meaningless flashbacks which had no bearing on the story. one mention of the blond girl's
pregnancy by the office space guy would have been sufficient, but the writers wasted over a full
episode dealing with an abortion that happened well before the interesting events of the space
journey happened. then we find out she aborted it and it's like a kick in the nuts, as if the whole
sequence was a dream and you wasted your time watching.

"grey's anatomy in space" is a really terrible psuedonym, since sci fi fans rarely find grey's
anatomy interesting, and vis-versa. i do like grey's anatomy and am a avid sci fi fan. as i
watched this show
i saw was a hacked up collection of ideas which lead to a heterogeneous storyline and genre.

"jack of all trades - master of none" best describes the format of this show. it didn't push any
one genre to new heights, but instead sought the middle ground of sci fi and dramedy in order to
squeeze out a giant piece of shit.

i couldn't be happier that they cancelled this show and i hope it teaches a lesson about where
"grey's anatomy" type writing belongs. in grey's anatomy.

-sir deimos

ps: i whole-heartedly agree that firefly was awesome and should have at least 4 seasons to it. i've
never seen a more perfect role for that actress (the terminator from scc) since "the 4400"; another
good show that couldn't run it's course.

sorry i'm so bad with names!
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]