eztvx.to | eztvstatus.org
Search title:  
TV Packs only

Real Time With Bill Maher 2010 04 23 (HDTV-CHGRP)

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#132843] Written by: Pleidian [26/04/2010, 04:36]
again, thanks for keeping real time on your list of uploads.
[#132851] Written by: michael_madsens [26/04/2010, 06:02]
bill rocks!
[#132863] Written by: WCK [26/04/2010, 10:27]
can someone tell me why bill thinks space exploration is nothing more than an expensive vacation?
[#132871] Written by: fabieng83 [26/04/2010, 13:44]
bill maher thinks a lot of things , i agree whith him a lot , especially when it's come to religion , but in my
mind space exploration is essential to the long long term survival of the human race.
[#132885] Written by: Boogabi [26/04/2010, 19:09]
Quote by fabieng83
in my mind space exploration is essential to the long long term survival of the
human race.

seriously?

[#132890] Written by: andrewwhiteinc [26/04/2010, 21:11]
Quote by boogabi
Quote by fabieng83
in my mind space exploration is essential to the long long term
survival of the
human race.

seriously?

why would you think otherwise, this planet has to run out of resources eventually
[#132902] Written by: backward_z [26/04/2010, 23:16]
Quote by andrewwhiteinc
Quote by boogabi
Quote by fabieng83
in my mind space exploration is essential
to the long long term
survival of the
human race.

seriously?

why would you think otherwise, this planet has to run out of resources eventually

not true.

most non-renewable resources are fuels. if we started using other means of harnessing energy, we'd
no longer need fuel, therefore running out of fuel would be a moot point.

otherwise, non-renewable resources are, what, metals and gemstones?

but the real point i'm trying to make: as technology evolves, our dependence on non-renewable
resources should dwindle.
[#132903] Written by: Dramat [26/04/2010, 23:28]
Quote by backward_z

most non-renewable resources are fuels. if we started using other means of harnessing energy, we'd
no longer need fuel, therefore running out of fuel would be a moot point.

otherwise, non-renewable resources are, what, metals and gemstones?

but the real point i'm trying to make: as technology evolves, our dependence on non-renewable
resources should dwindle.

i agree, but there are many other reasons why why have to leave this planet eventually - for example
amount of people (over 6 000 000 000 right now, while in 1900 it was approx. 2 000 000 000 [4 000
000 000 increase only in 100 years] (!)
if we spend all our existence on one planet, than indeed our species will be one, short and funny
episode in lifetime of this solar system. for me necessity of our expansion beyond this planet is
obvious. "keeping" all species in one place is just risky in long perspective.
[#132936] Written by: WCK [27/04/2010, 07:05]
i think of space exploration more as evolving our intelligence of how the universe works rather than
finding a new planet to inhabit.

whether or not we can stay on earth forever is debatable, but learning more about the universe is
essential to evolving the intelligence of humanity. it's not just some expensive vacation like maher
thinks, and it's not just a way of surviving longer. it's about mankind learning more about the
universe... i mean. we could stop space exploration and simply say that everything we don't
understand is the work of "god" or we can really learn how it works. which would you rather?
[#132950] Written by: quasipseudopizza0id [27/04/2010, 10:52]
yeah, i have been watching bill since pi on comedy central, and he needs to pull his head out of his rear
on this one. oddly it is liberals who tend to oppose space exploration. they don't see any material benefit
and say the money would be better spent on something like education. short-sighted.

i was in elementary school when the shuttle program was new, and they used to bring a tv into the
classroom so we could watch launches. every kid in my generation wanted to be an astronaut. hell, punky
brewster wanted to be one, even after challenger. obviously we can't all be astronauts, so a lot of us
became mere earth-bound scientists and engineers.

not sure about in other countries, but what do kids in the us dream of being now? nba stars and famous-
for-doing-nothing reality/web/idol pseudo-celebs. inspiring kids into the kinds of career paths that advance
all humankind is not worth 0.52% of the federal budget?

maher needs to watch more west wing. why space? "cause it's next. 'cause we came out of the cave and
we looked over the hill and we saw fire. and we crossed the ocean and we pioneered the west and we took
to the sky. the history of man is hung on a timeline of exploration and this is what's next."
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]