Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#139885] Written by: MrMacMan [14/08/2010, 02:10]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1515193/
tagline:
time to grab life by the balls.
plot:
a suburban mom, diagnosed with cancer, tries to find the humor in the disease.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/the_big_c_(tv_series)
the big c, originally titled \"the c word\", is an upcoming showtime original series created by darlene
hunt and starring laura linney.
linney plays a reserved suburban wife and mother whose recent cancer diagnosis forces her to shake
up her life and find hope, humor and the light side of a dark situation, while managing her immature
but well-meaning husband, played by oliver platt. recurring guest star gabourey sidibe will play a
precocious student.[1] the wire and luther star idris elba will appear in at least four episodes as a
love interest for linney.[2] brian cox will appear in the show as linney\'s father.[3] cynthia nixon has a
recurring role playing a friend of laura linney\'s character.[4] reid scott will play linney\'s character\'s
oncologist, dr. todd.[5]
liam neeson will guest-star on the series.[6]
the series will debut on august 16, 2010, with the sixth season premiere of weeds.[7] academy
award-winning filmmaker bill condon directed the pilot for the series.[8]
[#139887] Written by: CthulhuSaves [14/08/2010, 05:07]
i almost grabbed this, but then saw the "husband" and "love interest" lines. i love british tv, but wow, if their tv shows are
any indication of real-life attitudes, you must be able to count the number of faithful spouses in the country on two hands.
unfaithfulness seems to be a staple of uk shows. i've been watching them for many years, and it's not just the amount of
"cheaters" i see regularly. no, what really gets me more is the casual attitude about it by the offenders. you rarely see
anyone agonize over such a decision, it's almost always very sudden and casual, as if they're just cheating on a diet or
something. sorry, don't mean to ramble about it, it's just one of those things that's puzzled me for a long time.
[#139889] Written by: ERUZA [14/08/2010, 05:45]
@cthulhusaves - are you f***ing stupid? the show is american. go rant about the uk elsewhere. moron

on another note i dont care who's guest starring in the show. i aint watching a show about finding
the humour in cancer. just controversial for the sake of it. i hope they all get cancer.
[#139891] Written by: biteme [14/08/2010, 07:15]
obviously " eruza"s' higher brain function has been affected by cancer and he has yet to know it. my
differential diagnosis to be on the safe side would be : cancer of the frontal lobe or social
aggression from genetic interbreeding of the familiar gene pool.

treatment : none, but keep away from keyboards, humans and small animals !
[#139894] Written by: pbayle [14/08/2010, 08:34]
i actually thought it was a good show. of course, i may the only one here who watched it...
[#139896] Written by: dvd king [14/08/2010, 08:55]
Quote by pbayle
i actually thought it was a good show. of course, i may the only one here who watched
it...

i watched it as well and found it very funny indeed, and i wanted to see a full frontal shot of laura linney
(saw half a right breast). also, i liked the idea of a pool in the front yard and i was hoping that
miserable old dear across the road would get run down whilst standing in the middle of the road.
[#139898] Written by: pbayle [14/08/2010, 10:26]
Quote by dvd king

i watched it as well and found it very funny indeed, and i wanted to see a full frontal shot of
laura linney
(saw half a right breast). also, i liked the idea of a pool in the front yard and i was hoping that
miserable old dear across the road would get run down whilst standing in the middle of the road.

i loved the dark, twisty sense of humor, and oliver platt ( i love the guy)

[#139900] Written by: danato [14/08/2010, 11:24]
Quote by dvd king
a full frontal shot of laura linney

http://www.hard-to-find-actresses.com/htfc/content/linney/l32lauralinney-maze3.jpg

frontal enough?

http://hogrockcafe.com/laura%20linney%20nude%20cut%201%20-%20maze.jpg
[#139910] Written by: colonel_452 [14/08/2010, 15:16]
i like it...............waiting for the 2nd episode
^_^
[#139914] Written by: caisis [14/08/2010, 16:21]
file quality - excellent! (does anyone even bother to let us know this anymore? *sigh*....)

show - also excellent! well written, well done! set in minneapolis - for those who know or care - a
nice change of pace from the usual cities, and an homage to those of us transplanted who once
resided in the great state of minnesota itself. definitely a us city and a us show!

can't speak to *other* us or uk shows regarding the strange post on infidelity... but if y'all want
a uk show which honors a sweet & devoted *married couple*, try "rev."! no matter what antics ensue,
at the end of the day the marriage shines through!

showtime's done it again - a bittersweet, comedic, heartwarming show with an awesome cast! enjoy! i
know i did and i will!
[#139925] Written by: tv_addict#1 [14/08/2010, 23:58]
hi all i haven't watched but had to comment on cthulhusaves lol have you not heard the saying "uk
the affair city"
[#139931] Written by: Coco [15/08/2010, 02:25]
just wanted to say i've watched it and it seems like a good show. nothing special but if you want a 30
minute comedy it's not bad.
[#139937] Written by: juergendurden [15/08/2010, 05:35]
oliver platt?

i'm in! he was awesome in "huff".

hope this one won't have the same fate...

edit: ...and i'm out! pretentious pseudo femlib empowerment bullshit this is.
[#139945] Written by: Durrenn [15/08/2010, 12:39]
watching with earbuds, with the volume turned completely up, and it's pretty quiet. can barely hear
anything. so far i like the show, though.
[#139951] Written by: xx-Morph-xx [15/08/2010, 16:00]
Quote by tv_addict#1
hi all i haven't watched but had to comment on cthulhusaves lol have you not
heard the saying "uk
the affair city"

"uk" stands for united kingdom, which is made up of countries such as england, scotland, wales
etc... so your dumb statement is akin to saying "usa the fat town"

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]