Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#145021] Written by: ellman12 [27/10/2010, 19:11]
cancelled...son of a bitch.
[#145028] Written by: dr-alves [27/10/2010, 19:44]
unfortunately expected...
the show had some really strong points, e.g., i loved the mono vs polytheists conundrum and
some pearls of knowledge that were thrown that really make one think about the current state of
affairs in the world.

however it was all lost in a somewhat clever pile of disassembled pieces. the v-world seemed
interesting at first but went nowhere. the cylon with a human mind that we were expecting to
become the like the cylons we saw in bsg disappeared for more v-world stuff. too many parallel
plot points and a fascination for terrorism (which is always unpopular) doomed the show.

maybe the writers were building up to something and somewhere in the future it would all merge
into an awesome show, but taking too long to do so in the first season sealed the show's fate.

[#145053] Written by: cmotd [27/10/2010, 21:40]
some characters ppl could relate to might have also helped the show. polygamous mormons, gay married
fags, terrorist arse fucks, filthy rich spoilt c*nts... this show doesn't have one single character
ppl can relate to!
[#145078] Written by: wrecche [28/10/2010, 01:46]
Quote by cmotd
some characters ppl could relate to might have also helped the show. polygamous
mormons, gay married
fags, terrorist arse fucks, filthy rich spoilt c*nts... this show doesn't have one single character
ppl can relate to!

i'm sure all the filthy rich gay polygamous terrorist mormons disagree with you.

so, what have we learnt. the tv shows we watch all end up

a: sucking arse with crap soppy endings, or
b: get cancelled.

and i promised myself i'd never watch that event crap... what is the bet, that lasts forever and
ends on a top notch note... bastards..
[#145113] Written by: Movie Critic [28/10/2010, 10:07]
i couldn't bring myself to watch the full episode of "the event" please dont compare it with lost.

i think the only character you can identify with there are zoey and lacy which is kind of sad because while
they are both cute and stuff there is no single male character to really identify with, adama and graystone
are both kind of douchebags gangsters and the rest are religious terrorists aside from that all other
characters are just support cast the story doesn't focus on.

and on top of it all its a prequel so everyone knows the ending already, there is no real curiousity of where
it all leads to because that was already explored in bsg reimagined.
also i think the show creator should realize not everyone believes in divine beings despite belief in a higher
power and that view is not even mentioned there..

so overall while it is written well (unlike lost girl or nikita for example) i think that show retouches on old
issues and doesn't explore new ones nearly enough.
[#145525] Written by: BoonesFerry [03/11/2010, 05:41]
i'm hoping eztv will capture the shows from the canadian space channel so we don't have to wait until
next year to see the last five episodes here in the us.
[#145526] Written by: sCifI3001 [03/11/2010, 06:02]
Quote by boonesferry
i'm hoping eztv will capture the shows from the canadian space channel so we
don't have to wait until
next year to see the last five episodes here in the us.

http://eztv.it/faq/
[#145669] Written by: capitanqueso [04/11/2010, 17:49]
ditto
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]