Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#150678] Written by: Fatesender [17/01/2011, 00:34]
thanks!
[#150701] Written by: heyitsbmf [17/01/2011, 06:09]
i know it's only a few episodes in, but how is this version? being from the us and being a fan of
the original series, i wonder if it's best to just avoid watching this. the usa can make some great
tv, however, i have yet to be impressed by any remakes of uk shows......i guess the office, which
has managed to take on a life of it's own, is about the only one i can stomach. should i give this
a try or is this not for me?! help!

at least us television has never attempted to make it's own version of dr. who?....
[#150702] Written by: ELUSIVEFLARE [17/01/2011, 06:13]
well its not like the uk dont remake other people's shows
being erica has remakes in development both in the uk and the us
[#150703] Written by: sworph [17/01/2011, 06:14]
^^ lol yeah you have to be careful, i enjoyed the uk version of this also. i have watched both these
episode's and think this remake is worthy. it's only two ep's in but i think it has potential to be
something good, i actually like the leading lady much better in the us version. so yes heyitsbmf, i
do think you should give this a try!
[#150711] Written by: johnnytruant [17/01/2011, 07:56]
is there any chance this series could be labelled as shameless us, rather than just shameless as
it's currently confusing my auto-download script.

thanks!
[#150712] Written by: Fatesender [17/01/2011, 08:08]
Quote by heyitsbmf
i know it's only a few episodes in, but how is this version? being from the us and
being a fan of
the original series, i wonder if it's best to just avoid watching this. the usa can make some great
tv, however, i have yet to be impressed by any remakes of uk shows......i guess the office, which
has managed to take on a life of it's own, is about the only one i can stomach. should i give this
a try or is this not for me?! help!

at least us television has never attempted to make it's own version of dr. who?....

i watch both and i have to say the u.s. version is worth watching (and depending on the quality of
the show once they add their original scripts etc might actually be better). it'll be nice when it
branches off from the u.k. version cause i doubt they will have *spoiler alert!* fiona taking off
like the u.k. one and all the other defections from that show.
[#150729] Written by: Rakermoon [17/01/2011, 13:29]
thanks for making this available. i appreciate all the people who upload.

i was astonished to see a 'us' version of shameless. the first epeisode suggests it won't be as 'dark'
and controversial as the uk original (which features a cast of unknowns) but! william h macey!! wow!!
the uk version has resisted all attempts by 'celebs' to get a slot in an episode.

the lead girl in the uk version is much younger... perhaps too much so, but what an incredible
performance from her.. i highly recommend the uk original to all us friends.

the last decade in the uk has seen a 'drugs advisory' service called 'ask frank' - it has
been 'corrupted' by frank gallagher's version which reads (and i quote!) "end poverty - make drugs
cheaper"

good luck america lol :0)
[#150790] Written by: andysweden [17/01/2011, 23:33]
utter garbage in my opinion.
i don't think the two nations are that disimilar that americans don't get the references and vice
versa, so why remake a series that is first class?
i'd personally have prefered it if they took the concept of the show and at least ran with an
original script, somewhat sticking to the uk scripts just makes me cringe with every poorly
delivered over acted line.

if you like the original then skip this crap, i really don't see it changing your opinion on remakes.

[#150873] Written by: Fatesender [18/01/2011, 12:43]
Quote by andysweden
utter garbage in my opinion.
i don't think the two nations are that disimilar that americans don't get the references and vice
versa, so why remake a series that is first class?
i'd personally have prefered it if they took the concept of the show and at least ran with an
original script, somewhat sticking to the uk scripts just makes me cringe with every poorly
delivered over acted line.

if you like the original then skip this crap, i really don't see it changing your opinion on remakes.

then you lack taste as this version has clearly better acting and production. it also won't have
actors fleeing like mad off it like the u.k. one.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]