Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#156079] Written by: sworph [29/03/2011, 19:43]
ooooooooh thankyou very much!
[#156080] Written by: h0ser [29/03/2011, 19:47]
i thought this wasn't supposed to come out until sunday. i'm glad, but wondering why it's so early.
[#156081] Written by: asonetuh [29/03/2011, 20:28]
per wikipedia, "a special preview showing of the pilot episode "homecoming" was aired on starz
friday night, february 25, 2011". i suppose someone could have hung onto it till now.
[#156082] Written by: pyro006 [29/03/2011, 20:35]
this was up on other sites at the end of february, and you could (maybe still can?) stream it for
free at the starz website.
[#156089] Written by: ariesmortis [29/03/2011, 22:14]
is this the same episode that aired at the end of february, or a new episode?
[#156106] Written by: BillyGaille [30/03/2011, 03:11]
yes it is the same
[#156125] Written by: sworph [30/03/2011, 07:23]
the question is... is it as good as spartacus??? so.... is it!?
[#156132] Written by: elrock [30/03/2011, 09:00]
Quote by sworph
the question is... is it as good as spartacus??? so.... is it!?

i thought it was pretty weak overall, but i thought the same thing about the first episode of spartacus, and
look how that turned out. anyway, if you like gratuitous sex scenes, you'll probably enjoy this.
[#156133] Written by: Username666 [30/03/2011, 09:28]
the guy who plays arthur seems a pussy!
in the old days kings had to be men- this guy seems a wuss that no one would follow!
i sure as hell wouldn't.
[#156136] Written by: Movie Critic [30/03/2011, 10:47]
i thought that for a first episode it was good, here's why:
its a darker re-imagining of the story where the traditional characters play a slightly different role than
the original.
uther is a barbarian lord with little to no morals
arthur is for the moment a skinny kid who grew up on a farm and is only good at bedding girls and
relies on his brother kay and merlin.
merlin is a hardened con-artist and one of the strong characters on the show, closer to a rogue than a
mage id say.
the rest of the characters are just a darker version of the original tale but this makes the story abit
more interesting and less of a fantasy tale..

the acting was abit over the top in some cases but the fact that its in medieval times makes it work in
most scenes, they also compensate with lots of nudity and sex scenes in the hbo/showtime tradition

overall, clever twists aside i can't say its a masterpiece or even the most intelligent adaptation but its
entertaining and the casting of the actors and characters seem well thought out so i predict that it will received well overall

yes arthur is abit on the wussy side but thats why you have merlin as a stronger character to allow
arthur to be a growing weaker character at the start.

[#156139] Written by: pixelslut [30/03/2011, 11:27]
i dont know if its as good as sparatcus... nothing really beats lucretia and batiatus.
but it was pretty good.

i dunno about arthur ever coming of age but morgan le fey and merlin are enough for me... they were
always the most interesting anyhow and this reimagining makes them moreso. i imagine if it runs long
enough they will make mordred even more of a son-of-a-bitch too which i'm anxiously awaiting.
[#156149] Written by: sworph [30/03/2011, 15:54]
sounds pretty great to me. i'm ganna wait a few weeks so i can watch some episodes in a row, thanks
for the response guys!
[#156154] Written by: Dramonicous [30/03/2011, 16:57]
Quote by username666
the guy who plays arthur seems a pussy!
in the old days kings had to be men- this guy seems a wuss that no one would follow!
i sure as hell wouldn't.

haha been watching a bit on the ep now, he really looks like a girl lolz

wouldnt mind seeing ray stevensson (titus pullo, rome) thou, since they brought james purefoy on.
[#156157] Written by: Holroyd [30/03/2011, 17:43]
it wasn't that great of a pilot but the show has potential. definitely not as good as spartacus though
based on what have seen so far.

i'll be watching the next one anyway.
[#156159] Written by: xip [30/03/2011, 19:19]
judging by the way you write and express your self, you seem like a young minded kid your self, so
its safe to say that nobody would follow you ether with that attitude and level of ignorance.

and you are sort of missing the point, like most great story's you will watch a young inexperienced
hero who is not ready, grow into the great legend he was destined to be.

and for the record...
nobody starts out as a king, it is something you become with training(normally life-long training
from birth), and since he didn't have any, his current behavior is to be expected, and that was also
the whole point of the story.

personally i liked the show, and will continue to watch it, however i would prefer if merlin was
more "wizard like" and less like some warrior, it just don't feel like merlin... but i expect he
will change down the line.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]