TV Packs only

eurovision song contest 2011 final hdtv xvid-angelic

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#159960] Written by: Dramonicous [16/05/2011, 12:43]
eurovision is getting worse every year, eric saade made 3rd...
of all the songs that made it to the swedish finale, this was the worst, and still its one of the best in
eurovision...

there was a time when the whole street gathered to watch eurovision together, with taco n whatnot.
if only it could be so again...
[#159961] Written by: Zirdante [16/05/2011, 12:54]
true, but people have poor taste it seems. moldova's song was pretty funny, as well as the last one
to play, that had rock, rap, and pop.
[#159971] Written by: CypherUK [16/05/2011, 15:04]
i don't know if it's just me but most of the songs at eurovision sound like they've come from the 90's...
[#159973] Written by: ezmanic [16/05/2011, 15:26]
the winner is............... the country that is willing and able to host the next contest.

[#159981] Written by: pinner458 [16/05/2011, 17:10]
does anybody even care about eurovision anymore?........ did anyone ever care?
[#159982] Written by: kelpie [16/05/2011, 17:50]
i am disappoint. tons on crappy songs, a couple of ok or even good ones.. and a crappy song wins. do
people really have such a poor taste in music? really, europe?
[#160012] Written by: xip [17/05/2011, 00:08]
i'm sorry to burst your double, but this contest rarely has anything to do with 'best song', and the
reason for this is geography and the way our world is divided.

for example, it is known fact that country's around your country will sympathy vote for you, for
example, if i live in sweden, then denmark, finland and norway are normally friendlier with votes
than country's far away.

another problem is the way voting is done in each country, and abusive voting from 14yr old kiddy
girls that call 87657 times for that "cute guy" (even if his song is mediocre at best)... well, what
do you expect the result will be?

[edit]
one thing i don't get is, why do some of these morons keep singing in none-engish native languages
nobody outside there country can understand, it is my experience that english songs has much higher
chance to win than some cryptic 'hulla balulla mulla lulla' song.
even if they have a nice melody, to most people that is still only 50% of the song.
its almost like they don't want to win....
[#160025] Written by: cmotd [17/05/2011, 02:25]
Quote by pinner458
does anybody even care about eurovision anymore?........ did anyone ever care?

it is now and always has been the highest rating music show on the planet. people love watching
train wrecks lol

[#160037] Written by: VikingRollo [17/05/2011, 05:34]
Quote by xip

one thing i don't get is, why do some of these morons keep singing in none-engish native languages
nobody outside there country can understand, it is my experience that english songs has much higher
even if they have a nice melody, to most people that is still only 50% of the song.

it's a great handicap to sing in a non-native language.

i thought jane birkin was tone deaf when i heard her french songs.
she sings quite well in english which is her mother tongue.
[#160046] Written by: asd1 [17/05/2011, 08:26]
eurovision has subtitles dummy
[#160056] Written by: Icarusty [17/05/2011, 10:56]
well most of us in europe just see eurovision as a laugh... a chance to invite friends over, enjoy
some drink and food and have a great time while watching the fun. if those outside take it less
seriously, then you've just about got the point of eurovision

the bloc voting does suck though, too many eastern european countries voting for each other, along
with the obvious alliances - nordic countries, uk-ireland, greece-cyprus...
[#160070] Written by: yumyum [17/05/2011, 15:26]
Quote by xip

[edit]

one thing i don't get is morons who think everything should be in english. every language has it's
own distinct melodic quality and so ads to the song even when the lyrics are not automatically
understandable. while it's true that songs in english win almost 60% of the time, that really isn't
saying anything because most of the eurovision songs are sang in english anyways.
people in europe usually have a basic understanding of at least one of their neighboring country's
language and it's quite refreshing to hear a song in a native tongue rather than in often
broken-english.
and you're bitching like you're missing shakespeare or something. it's really just a silly contest
so you should relax.
[#160079] Written by: CypherUK [17/05/2011, 17:30]
Quote by icarusty
the bloc voting does suck though, too many eastern european countries voting for each
other, along
with the obvious alliances - nordic countries, uk-ireland, greece-cyprus...

i thought the uk - ireland voting was funny, uk gives ireland 12 points... ireland gives the uk 1 point.
cheers! lol

it's far more political than about the actual music (the voting that is) so just watch it for a laugh.
[#160097] Written by: xip [17/05/2011, 22:06]
Quote by yumyum

one thing i don't get is morons who think everything should be in english.

i argue that the odds are greater to win if you make a song in english, not based on my taste, but
from past winners.

you then call me a moron, but then agree with my argument that english has a higher chance at wining...

well aren't you just brilliant...
did you parents drop you on your head when you where a child perhaps?

one would think, that if you enter a contest, and want to win(i assume most of the people in it want
to win), you don't make it harder for your self than you have to, or maybe is that only me...

"bitching like you're missing shakespeare"

haha wtf!... is that suppose to be an "sophisticated" insult or something?

"every language has it's own distinct melodic quality and so ads to the song even when the lyrics
are not automatically
understandable"

is that not the "you are all special and unique people... even if you take the special yellow buss
to school" argument?

and it is indeed a nice concept... and it might be true in a perfect magical world... if you also
believe
in the ester-bunny and the tooth fairy.

but in reality, languages don't have the same advantages for sound and melody.
some languages are harder, some softer... others are just to annoying noise(from our perspective)

and you know what? i can even admit that my native language(swedish) is a horrible language for
music(in my ears).

i'm not trying to be some insensitive internet trooling jerk here(i'm exactly this open and honest
irl as well..).
i'm merely stating things the way they are(from my perspective, what other perspective can i argue?).

if your argument where true, then more music on the radio would be none-english, however... it is not.

[#160138] Written by: kelpie [18/05/2011, 06:09]
dudes, take it easy. it's clear that you have different values and that quite obviously can't be argued. the
other dude thinks diversity is great and the other one is talking about who wins.

going back to the politics.. is the voting really that much influenced by politics? what if they just like each
other's music, after all they have the same culture so why not the same taste in music then? this year
was pretty weird though, so many countries got 12 points..
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]