Allen Gregory S01E01 HDTV XviD-LOL

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#170017] Written by: TraumaHound [31/10/2011, 02:40]
sourced from wikipedia:

allen gregory is an american animated television series created by jonah hill, andrew mogel, and jarrad
paul that airs on fox.

the series follows allen gregory de longpre (jonah hill), a precocious 7 year-old being raised by his father
richard and his father's life partner jeremy, and due to a recession, has been forced to attend elementary
school.

episode 1: "pilot" - because of recession, successful seven-year-old allen gregory delongpre has been
forced to attend elementary school. but because of his maturity, he has difficulty fitting in.
[#170038] Written by: ikarys [31/10/2011, 04:18]
well, this sucked more than i can adequately describe.

other opinions?
[#170055] Written by: kelchild [31/10/2011, 07:06]
yeah, pretty bad...
[#170061] Written by: sacii [31/10/2011, 08:04]
i stopped watching and deleted the file in less than two minutes.
[#170071] Written by: Username666 [31/10/2011, 09:39]
i got about as far as reading the comments so dodged a bullet here i guess
[#170072] Written by: PolarisFx [31/10/2011, 10:18]
the show isnt bad, its quite good in fact. but its the kind of show that will only appeal to certain
types of people. i couldn't put into words why this show was good, but i found this comment on
the show on another site and it seems to summarize how i feel exactly:

i love this show! hilarious.

don't worry about a lack of a foil for ag, julie looks to break out as a total miss machiavelli very
soon. i'm not sure if the people who hate this don't get the point, don't think that point is funny,
or just think the creators failed to make the point very well, but i think they nailed it !

it's not that ambitious, really: self absorbed people are hilarious, and being self absorbed, they
are completely unaware of it. if i was someone who rolled on floors this show would have me
roflmao fo'shure. i howled, i hooted, i shrieked. the artwork is soooooo perfect for the premise. if
you like the venture brothers from adult swim, you'll recognize the clean lines, exaggerated
perspectives, and visual jokes we've seen there. there is exactly the right dash of pathos in the
isolation that ag exists in to humanize him enough to make him understandable. and the dynamic
between the two dads - trust me, it's way more common than you may think, scarily on point in
places. this series is not going to entertain everyone, but there are those of us who just got a
new reason to live, um i mean watch tv.
[#170074] Written by: RodPowermaster [31/10/2011, 10:36]
they replaced american dad with this crap?

next they'll replace family guy with bob's burgers.
[#170076] Written by: Santinoxx [31/10/2011, 10:47]
after 10 minutes and 27 seconds of watching this i only have one comment: wtf!

p.s. polarisfx might well be alllen gregory...
[#170090] Written by: thisusername [31/10/2011, 12:10]
a good show. ag's a likeable and a bit posh version of ricky gervais. really good casting too.
[#170103] Written by: itzkoz [31/10/2011, 14:12]
just another fox blunder. i expect to see american dad back in 2 weeks max.
[#170119] Written by: demondiablo [31/10/2011, 16:10]
looking at the previews to this show i could tell it was going to be bad. the real question is will
the network try to save face and shove it down our throats no matter how bad it does in the ratings
until we like it or will they do they right thing and give it the axe?
[#170135] Written by: fuzzytoad [31/10/2011, 18:17]
i found the show to be brilliant.

true, it's not full of fart jokes, or talking animals, or xenosexual references, like so many of
the "successful" animated shows; which is probably why it will ultimately fail.

i also see the subplot concerning allen gregory's father's heterosexual life partner coerced into a
homosexual relationship being a sore spot for the extremely vocal lgbt minority, causing further
problems for this perfectly amazing show.

don't worry guys, i'm sure this interruption of your gun-totin', alien-loving, butt-kickin' cia agent show
full of fart jokes and pothead son-in-law gags will be short.

*sigh*
[#170152] Written by: evolutioncv [31/10/2011, 20:57]
had some funny stuff in it, not that bad for a first episode, considering the kind of experimental
format. this show certainly has potential. i agree that this show only appeals to certain people,
but i feel that there are enough of them out there to warrant the existence of shows like these. i
will stay on for a few episodes, could be worth it.
[#170172] Written by: ikarys [31/10/2011, 22:59]
@fuzzytoad: dude, much of this show hinged on ag shitting himself.
[#170192] Written by: PolarisFx [01/11/2011, 02:30]
Quote by fuzzytoad
i found the show to be brilliant.

true, it's not full of fart jokes, or talking animals, or xenosexual references, like so many of
the "successful" animated shows; which is probably why it will ultimately fail.

i also see the subplot concerning allen gregory's father's heterosexual life partner coerced into a
homosexual relationship being a sore spot for the extremely vocal lgbt minority, causing further
problems for this perfectly amazing show.

don't worry guys, i'm sure this interruption of your gun-totin', alien-loving, butt-kickin' cia agent show
full of fart jokes and pothead son-in-law gags will be short.

*sigh*

angry jews & veterans couldn't keep family guy down, in fact those groups made the show even more
popular. mind you, family guy wasn't hated by this much of its audience after the first episode.

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]