TV Packs only

The River S01E01E02 HDTV XViD PROPER-LOL

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#176009] Written by: Audiovore [07/02/2012, 22:01]
so the synopsis doesn't sound overtly interesting, but it's suppose to be a 'paranormal' actiony
adventure thing. and the reason i'll give it a shot, created by oren peli(paranormal activity) and
michael r. perry(paranormal activity 2 and american gothic).

wiki synopsis:

famed explorer dr. emmet cole (bruce greenwood) went looking for magic deep in the uncharted amazon
and never returned. the shocking truth about his disappearance is out there, somewhere, just waiting
to be discovered. to the millions of kids who grew up watching his nature show, dr. cole was a hero.
to his own son, lincoln (joe anderson), he was more of an enigma. now, six months after he vanished,
lincoln is finally ready to bury the past when dr. cole's emergency beacon suddenly goes off. at the
urging of his mother, tess (leslie hope), lincoln reluctantly joins her on a search for his father.
to fund the rescue, they agree to let dr. cole's cagey ex-producer, clark (paul blackthorne), film
the mission documentary-style. the mixed crew of old friends and new acquaintances includes the sexy
and resourceful lena (eloise mumford), loyal mechanic emilio (daniel zacapa) and lethal bodyguard
captain kurt brynildson (thomas kretschmann).
[#176012] Written by: Uberlime [07/02/2012, 22:52]
"so the synopsis doesn't sound overtly interesting"

yea, the amazon, a quest for a disappeared hero, really quite the boring usual stuff...

"and the reason i'll give it a shot, created by oren peli(paranormal activity) and
michael r. perry(paranormal activity 2 and american gothic)."

is the exact reason i wouldn't give it a shot if i wasn't so scarce on new stuff, that & ofc the "film
the mission documentary-style" anathema

oh & also forcing us (again) to a 2episodes opening... what's next? marathons b4 the series begin?
freakin' idjits. r we conscious tv watchers or force-fed gooses ? deciders uh, ...f dem not.
[#176017] Written by: OneTrickPony [07/02/2012, 23:51]
would like to hear feedback from anyone who's actually watched it
[#176018] Written by: BoonesFerry [07/02/2012, 23:56]
tvrage.com/the_river

classification: scripted
genre: action | mystery | sci-fi | thriller
network: abc ( usa)
airs: tuesdays at 09:00 pm
runtime: 60 minutes
premiere: february 07, 2012
episode order: 8

the river is a story of emmet cole (bruce greenwood), a tv personality who is famous for going on
trips to wild places and filming the most spectacular wildlife video. along with his wife, tess (leslie
hope), and son, lincoln (joe anderson), they have filmed and became one of the most popular shows
in television. however, after emmet goes missing deep in the amazon jungle, his family, friends and
crew all journey out on a deadly mission to find him. once there, they get a signal that a beacon is
leading them to emmet, who was thought to be dead for six months.

once there, emmet's former producer, clark (paul blackthorne), films the mission in a documentary-
style film. lena (eloise mumford), emilio (daniel zacapa) and captain kurt brynildson (thomas
kretschmann) join them in the flight to find emmet. however, when they get to the beacon,
supernatural phenomenons begin to happen and the crew begin the journey of not finding emmett, but
saving their own lives. created by michael r. perry (paranormal activity) and michael green (green
lantern), the river is a non-stop thriller shot in the style of a documentary that makes you believe that
this is really happening.

1x01 -- magus (feb/07/2012)
when tv naturalist emmet cole disappears in brazil, he is declared dead after six months. however,
his wife tess detects a gps beacon signal from him and a network camera crew agrees to accompany
her on the search for her husband. however, they will only finance the trip if emmet's son lincoln goes
with her. the crew go down the amazon river and follow the gps beacon, but find far more than they
are counting on when they unearth a spectral creature.

01x02 - marbeley (feb/07/2012)
jahel is possessed by emmet's spirit and he begs his family to stay away for their own sakes. however,
tess persists and the group find a spirit tree decorated with dolls. a child's ghost stalks them and it
soon becomes clear that it wants something from them... and will stop at nothing to get it.

01x03 - los ciegos (the blind) (feb/14/2012)
when the whole crew of the magus goes blind due to spores from a tree, lone holdout aj will have to
overcome his most paralyzing fear to find a cure before the blindness becomes permanent. meanwhile,
the local morcego tribe stalks the crew and judges whether they are worthy to stay in the jungle. if they
are deemed unworthy, the consequences could be fatal.

1x01 -- 07-feb-12 magus
1x02 -- 07-feb-12 marbeley
1x03 -- 14-feb-12 los ciegos (the blind)
1x04 -- 21-feb-12 a better man
1x05 -- 28-feb-12 peaches
1x06 -- 06-mar-12 doctor emmet cole
1x07 -- 13-mar-12 the experiment
1x08 -- 20-mar-12 row, row, row your boat

[#176028] Written by: mikey-bizzle-2010 [08/02/2012, 02:39]
Quote by onetrickpony
would like to hear feedback from anyone who's actually watched it
[#176032] Written by: krypter [08/02/2012, 03:55]
i haven't seen ep 2 cause i downloaded only ep 1 by mistake but the first episode was ok.

nothing great, shaky cam was annoying until they had set up steady cams.

but it's all right so far.

think anaconda meets blair witch.
[#176041] Written by: bubblehat [08/02/2012, 08:33]
Quote by krypter
think anaconda meets blair witch.

worst wet dream ever. :/
[#176059] Written by: smilielc [08/02/2012, 17:45]
great show yeah some unrealistic bits but isn't that what this tv stuff is about "made up stuff"?
on a scale of 10 i would rate it a 7 worth watching
[#176066] Written by: solitaire [08/02/2012, 21:08]
just watched it,

it's good (not amazing) i'm of the thinking it might have been better as a mini series "event"
(first 4 episodes over 2 nights) that leads into a series if the numbers hold.

knowing the networks it'll probably last half a season, but if it's very lucky (depending on how
many episodes they have already shot) it might make it to the end of the season.

i'd agree with the 7/10 mark.
[#176082] Written by: sinclap2 [09/02/2012, 02:08]
imo it is:
lost in the amazon, rather than lost on a tropical island. spooky stuff happens in the jungle,
while they're trying find someone and work "stuff" out.

it is ok, but if goes the way of lost ie dragging it out as much as possible, i don't think it will
last.
[#176084] Written by: mikey-bizzle-2010 [09/02/2012, 02:49]
hmmm i was really looking forward to this show but was kinda disappointed by it! it wasn't the worse
show i have ever watched but it certainly wasn't the best! the acting is terrible imo and the characters
were not really likeable! there were some pretty creepy moment in it though. i will watch next weeks
to see if it gets any better but i think this should just be an 8 ep mini series instead of dragging it on
and on!
[#176565] Written by: makedollarguaranteed [15/02/2012, 11:05]
* admin removed
[#181289] Written by: savman2a [02/04/2012, 15:22]
(comment removed)