Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#177744] Written by: itorrent [24/02/2012, 22:27]
thanks for the avi copy :d
[#177748] Written by: pinta [24/02/2012, 22:41]
agreed!
[#177755] Written by: 0Albert0 [24/02/2012, 23:21]
i'm guessing new encoders will appear, now that lol, asap and other big ones dropped the ball (and i bet they did that
because the new encoding is easier for them, and never thought about the people watching their releases)
i'm happy at least 2hd and fqm are still out there, thinking about the little guy who doesn't have a 32 inches lcd tv and a
hdmi cable hooked to the pc.
[#177758] Written by: billytk [24/02/2012, 23:41]
Quote by itorrent
thanks for the avi copy :d

i second that, can't tell you how happy or grateful i was to see this is a .avi :d
[#177759] Written by: billytk [24/02/2012, 23:42]
Quote by 0albert0
i'm guessing new encoders will appear, now that lol, asap and other big ones dropped
the ball (and i bet they did that
because the new encoding is easier for them, and never thought about the people watching their releases)
i'm happy at least 2hd and fqm are still out there, thinking about the little guy who doesn't have a
32 inches lcd tv and a
hdmi cable hooked to the pc.

lets hope so especially since most stand alone players don't accept that mp4 crap that's been
released recently
[#177770] Written by: Tonsar [25/02/2012, 00:59]

release groups
lol asap 2hd fqm ect
don't give a toss about us (peer to peer)
we live on the copies that groups like eztv vtv ettv tvteam are kind enough to seed to us.

if ( and i'm not sure if it will) the scene dictate that x264 is the future and that xvid is to be
phased out then we won't get xvid releases from the "scene" any more.

i'm not trying to be hostile towards eztv visitors. i'm just trying to explain that no-one in the
scene cares about p2p people not being able to watch the rips.

we are the plankton in the shark pool here.

to quote another post i made.

if you cant find your show in xvid..
"
http://www.orlydb.com/s/tv-xvid
use that to find your x-vid avi. that will give you the scene name for the release.
assuming it hasn't been nuked on orly. copy and paste that file name into a piratebay search.
only get files from "trusted" "vip" sources on piratebay. (they have skulls next to their names).

for x264 (which is different to h264)
use
http://www.orlydb.com/s/tv-x264
for the more compact format. "

its hard to adapt / adjust / overcome the difficulties that we personally face. xbox 360's older dvd
player, slower pc's.
i understand that. yes it sucks.
we (p2p) people cant make them change the rules though.
as the plankton here we have to take what we are given and be grateful its free.

maybe (tho i dount it) this may all blow over and we'll go back to xvid releases on eztv.
maybe in 2 weeks this will all be a bad memory.
i doubt it tho.
[#177777] Written by: Tuckletuts [25/02/2012, 01:51]
the people who upload these files, do so out of the goodness of their heart. they aren't getting
paid, they don't get recognition, and they provide a very useful service to many people. stop
complaining.
you are getting free tv shows, very soon after they air (sometimes several months/years depending on
location) so in essence you should be happy they are in any format that can be played on the
majority of pcs.
32 inches is no longer a "big" screen, and many people are now sporting monitors getting close to
that size. this is why there are 720p versions, so they can get full resolution (personally i don't
generally have resolution issues with 480p on a 50 inch).

not entirely sure why they have chosen to go with .mp4 as the file format though, since .mkv seems
to be proving far more popular and can get higher res at half the file size, but meh. haven't had
any issues playing the .mp4 in vlc or the far superior media player classic (not windows media
player).
[#177781] Written by: davidhot [25/02/2012, 02:05]
Quote by tuckletuts
the people who upload these files, do so out of the goodness of their heart. they
aren't getting
paid, they don't get recognition, and they provide a very useful service to many people. stop
complaining.
you are getting free tv shows, very soon after they air (sometimes several months/years depending on
location) so in essence you should be happy they are in any format that can be played on the
majority of pcs.
32 inches is no longer a "big" screen, and many people are now sporting monitors getting close to
that size. this is why there are 720p versions, so they can get full resolution (personally i don't

not entirely sure why they have chosen to go with .mp4 as the file format though, since .mkv seems
to be proving far more popular and can get higher res at half the file size, but meh. haven't had
any issues playing the .mp4 in vlc or the far superior media player classic (not windows media
player).

my point exactly, people should stop bitching about the switch.

if you don't like the switch to mp4 don't download the files and get over it or make your own files
and upload it.
[#177782] Written by: tattoo79 [25/02/2012, 02:15]
Quote by tuckletuts
the people who upload these files, do so out of the goodness of their heart. they
aren't getting
complaining.
majority of pcs.

player).

.mp4 and .mkv are containers ,not formats,just like .avi is a container .it does not matter if they
use .mp4 or .mkv as these are just containers that contain the video,audio,subtitles etc.,what
matters is that they are doing the encodes using the x264 instead of xvid.

as long as they encode with x264,doesnt matter if they use .mp4 or .mkv container.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/comparison_of_container_formats

the following scene groups have signed a new sd x264 tv standard:
asap, bajskorv, c4tv, d2v, diverge, ftp, kyr, lmao, lol, momentum, sys, tla, yestv -

"x264 has become the most advanced video codec over the past few years. compared to xvid, it is able
to provide higher quality and compression at greater sd resolutions. it also allows better control
and transparency over encoding settings. with crf in the mix, we can also ensure that a diverse
array of material will get the most appropriate bitrate for them and not arbitrary and fixed sizes.
this standard aims to bring quality control back to sd releases.

there are many standalone players/streamers such as tvix, popcorn hour, wdtv hd media player, boxee,
xtreamer, ps3, xbox 360, ipad, hdtvs that can playback h264 and aac encapsulated in mp4.

the sd x264 tv section was formed to separate releases from the ruleless world of tv-xvid. this
document will cover the rules and guidelines for only sd resolution x264 television rips."

full info -

http://scenenotice.org/details.php?id=2028
[#177791] Written by: DungeonRaider [25/02/2012, 03:13]
the groups you listed are who helped create the rules, not necessarily the only groups that will be
using the new x264, and momentum still seem to be doing xvid *after* they've done the x264 if no one
has beaten them to it.

fqm and 2hd are both still doing xvid and are/were against the change from what i've read.

Quote by tonsar

its hard to adapt / adjust / overcome the difficulties that we personally face. xbox 360's older dvd
player, slower pc's.

x264 will play on xbox360 via usb so the older dvd player doesn't matter.

[#177821] Written by: mancubas [25/02/2012, 07:56]
http://torrents.thepiratebay.se/7056537/fringe_s04e14_720p_hdtv_x264-dimension.7056537.tpb.torrent

720p ver
[#177822] Written by: sgv_6618 [25/02/2012, 08:02]
honestly i really like the change and i am very glad that they did not use the .mkv container which i hate.
there is a noticeable difference in quality and i wish they will someday make the change for the 720p
resolution too.

what i really do not understand is how people dare to complain about something that is given to them
freely when the only thing that they might get out of this is trouble... i also do not understand how selfish
people can be. in essence what people are saying is: because i can not follow the progress there should be
no progress and if there must be progress they should ensure that my needs are satisfied and i should
make no effort and waste none of my time to get what i need.

people get a grip to reality, if you still need .avi files convert them. nobody owes you anything!
[#177858] Written by: Tiny_Caska [25/02/2012, 14:35]
*also ignoring the switchover talk as im fed up of it*
wow this was a crazy, fantastic episode!
and i totally agree with verb about the observers. love it!
annoyed that its going to be a month wait until another episode though. bah!
[#177901] Written by: civilian151 [25/02/2012, 21:06]
in the last two weeks these groups have been slackin they don't take in the fact that a good portion
of there rips never work with the playstation 3 i can honestly say i will be turning away from eztv
very soon
[#177902] Written by: aroyals [25/02/2012, 21:13]
Quote by verb
Quote by tiny_caska
*also ignoring the switchover talk as im fed up of it*
wow this was a crazy, fantastic episode!
and i totally agree with verb about the observers. love it!
annoyed that its going to be a month wait until another episode though. bah!

*glad someone is on my wavelength*

when you say "i agree with verb" if feels like youre talking to everyone else, about me....
i said it, you can talk to me too. you got beef or sum'n?

but anyway, everybody but tiny, i thought it was a crazy episode too.
and i heard good/bad things today about 'fringe' from j.j. himself (hes got my number 'n shit)
1. almost no one is watching anymore. low ratings are pretty much dooming the shoiw.
2. hes promised we'll get a proper ending and the show wont end on a series cliffhanger.

so even tho the show might not go on forever, at least we'll get a payoff for watching all this time,
instead of that 'plot limbo' thats been goin' around (like i'm sure alcatraz will sadly get)

yeh, it's good to have some answers. looks like the mystery behind the beacon will be resolved so
hopefully everything else will too.
i would also like to see the guy with the x on his shirt again (from the cartoon ep last season, the
1 that olivia says "i think he's the man who kills me")
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]