Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#178676] Written by: RodPowermaster [01/03/2012, 20:05]
dont even think about saying it!

...dont
[#178677] Written by: Bandersnitch [01/03/2012, 20:14]
saying what? that these x264 mp4 seeds suck ass?

oops.
[#178681] Written by: WBro [01/03/2012, 20:49]
enjoy http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7070985/30_rock_s06e10_hdtv_xvid-2hd%5bettv%5d

you will be able to get nearly all shows that appear here from http://thepiratebay.se/user/ettv/ and
elsewhere if you are happier with avi's.
[#178687] Written by: Bandersnitch [01/03/2012, 21:34]
i just go to http://extratorrent.com/view/popular/tv.html for my tv feeds now. this site used to be the
place to go... but someone seems to have convinced them to only post these crappy mp4 files.

the torrents line up in order of posting just like they do here, but they post all the versions so you get to
choose which you want.

[#178703] Written by: zaphod373 [02/03/2012, 01:35]
by now i would have thought you would have found something else to do, but i see you still have much of
nothing to say. try to ignore all of us with mp4 problems. suggestion, go away and watch an
mp4, and remember rod, the power is in your hands,,,,, often it seems
[#178704] Written by: zaphod373 [02/03/2012, 01:37]
Quote by rodpowermaster
dont even think about saying it!

...dont

by now i would have thought you would have found something else to do, but i see you still have much of
nothing to say. try to ignore all of us with mp4 problems. suggestion, go away and watch an
mp4, and remember rod, the power is in your hands,,,,, often it seems
[#178707] Written by: abcd-eztv [02/03/2012, 02:15]
these mp4 files are good quality but the sound quality seems to fluctuate between files. one has
high volume and the other is painfully low.
[#178725] Written by: billytk [02/03/2012, 09:56]
Quote by wbro
enjoy http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7070985/30_rock_s06e10_hdtv_xvid-2hd%5bettv%5d

you will be able to get nearly all shows that appear here from http://thepiratebay.se/user/ettv/ and
elsewhere if you are happier with avi's.

thanks fqm releases rule too bad eztv is sticking with the crappy lol releases
[#178726] Written by: billytk [02/03/2012, 09:58]
Quote by bandersnitch
i just go to http://extratorrent.com/view/popular/tv.html for my tv feeds now.
this site used to be the
place to go... but someone seems to have convinced them to only post these crappy mp4 files.

the torrents line up in order of posting just like they do here, but they post all the versions so
you get to
choose which you want.

nice, i go to extra but for some reason never noticed the ability to go to popular tv and get the
list that way, much much better then coming here seeing the useless mp4 then having to search
elsewhere for the proper avi file
[#178740] Written by: jugdas [02/03/2012, 12:09]
apols for being a giant dunce but what specifically is the problem with mp4 encoded files? i've got
a cylone media player (approx us$40) that plays them flawlessly so i'm guessing peeps either don't
want to upgrade their av kit, or cant afford to. and if thats the case why not watch shows on your
computer or hook it up via vga/hdmi to your televisions?

i hope i'm wrong but this whole anti mp4 thing seems remarkably like when ms outlook users couldn't
read yenc files on usenet. people spent years ranting about that change rather than spend two
minutes updating their software.

ps. no offence intended, i'm genuinely interested why people are getting so shirty about the scene
modernising its standards.
[#178885] Written by: eburks [04/03/2012, 02:22]
there is no real problem with mp4 files and i can see why a format that saves disc space and
gives better quality (h.264/mp4) would be favored.

for myself i can deal with it but i will point out a few things

my philips stand-alone player of choice will not play mp4's
i have a player that will play mkv and mp4 but i have seen problems with quite a few releases
where there might be no sound or the player would just say unsupported format for the mkv

my philips stand-alone only supports divx/xvid avi and has a few great features that i cannot
use when i can't get divx/xvid avi

1) it fast forwards really fast, if i am interrupted watching a show or if there is a glitch on
the rewritable dvd i burned it on, i can ff at 32x and be back where i want to be in about a
minute or less

2) it allows me to zoom in if i want to watch a movie that is in a super widescreen format so i
can fill my 16:9 format screen if i wish

3) it allows better and easier picture quality settings (brightness contrast etc)

4) it has a lipsync feature that can correct when picure and sound are a little out of sync

my samsung bd-c5500 blu ray stand-alone has the slowest ff speed of any video unit i have
ever encountered. it could take me 8 minutes to ff where i want in television and more for
movies

the samsung will play h264 in mp4 and mkv but for some reason it does not play some stuff
that it should.... stuff that plays fine on my computers. my computers are a pain to hook up
and have to use vga (no hdmi) so i have to hookup both video and sound

it takes me about 30 minutes using mediaencoder to transcode something so i can watch it
via xvid/avi and or i can find it in the format i want elsewhere. it took me a bit of practice to
get good at it but i learned a lot that i can use later ;-)

if you decide to buy a blu-ray player beware that at least some of the samsung models have a
lot to be desired (crap ff and no ability to zoom + odd problems with some formats and poor
subtitle support for mkv at least

it is a shame people have so much time to complain about things that are freely given to them
but that is the nature of the internet, those who type fastest can complain the most :-)
(it took me over 10 minutes to hunt/peck this)
[#178887] Written by: yossarian72 [04/03/2012, 03:11]
i just tried to play it with a generic mediaplayer (klm, i think) on my pc and had syncing issues.

tried it on vlc, video issues.

after reading the comments here i now know i'm not alone. feel much better, thanks.
[#178897] Written by: yossarian72 [04/03/2012, 06:03]
updated players and codecs.

now works perfectly on my pc.
[#178905] Written by: tool75067 [04/03/2012, 07:25]
@noobs with problems!

just download a freakin codec pack!!!!!!

[#179563] Written by: jugdas [11/03/2012, 14:10]
thanks for the most informative response eburks. things are a bit clearer for me now. if i'd
invested a whole whack in feature rich kit i'd also be a bit peeved about having to use something
newer but worse.

still if you ever find a pot of gold i can highly recommend the cylone miro 2+. mine has played 100%
of files i've chucked at it, plus it fast forwards very quickly, has an auto resume feature and
generally isn't rubbish.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]