TV Packs only

Burn Notice 6x04 (HDTV-x264-ASAP)

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#186110] Written by: KillingTime [13/07/2012, 02:09]
ahhh asap releases. more likely than any other release group to end up needing a repack or proper,
and often way bigger files than should be necessary. this one is ~460mb, which is at least 200mb bigger
than i'd expect. hell, even xvid releases from last year were smaller.

seems like asap encode with a much higher bit-rate than other groups, to achieve roughly the same
picture quality that other groups get with half the bit-rate. for people with bandwidth caps, it's
pretty annoying. when you factor in the increased chance of having to download a show a 2nd time
when they screw up and have to release a proper/repack, it's even more annoying.

btw - i'm not saying there's a problem with this file, as i'm still downloading it. for all i know
it could be fine (but it's still big!).

end of rant
[#186113] Written by: 98ouzi [13/07/2012, 03:54]
ty eztv!
[#186131] Written by: Kargor [13/07/2012, 16:43]
well, looking at it from the 720p perspective, there seem to be only 3 groups left that do more than
an occasional release every now and then, at least for the shows that i'm watching: dimension (which
seems to be 'partnered' with lol), immerse (which seems to be 'partnered' with asap) and 2hd. 2hd,
btw, screwed up a lot on the continuum releases :-)

if things get fixed, fine. i never made statistics to determine whether immerse needs more
repacks/proper than the other 2. it's still better to have someone do the releases and occasionally
fix one, instead of having no releases at all...

there used to be more names, and considering that what they are doing isn't exactly earning them
money they are doing a hell of a job.

i don't know whether immerse/asap needs for more fixes than the others, but if they are i'm pretty
sure they aren't doing it on purpose -- the fact that a repack gets released pretty much proves that
they do care. and while they won't be reading here, if they did, wouldn't it be nicer to read about
your work being appreciated, rather than "hey you made a mistake, you suck" whining? and wouldn't it
be nicer for us if they stayed, rather than seeing another group disappear?
[#186139] Written by: KillingTime [13/07/2012, 19:08]
hey don't get me wrong - i do appreciate the work these release groups do... even asap

however, bigger than average files and a higher than average chance (at least for the shows i watch)
of having to download a show twice; for people with bandwidth caps that's a legitimate concern...
but if anyone dares to point that out, they're 'whining'? and nowhere did i say or suggest that they
'suck'. please don't put words into my mouth.

i'd be the first in line to stand up and say a big "thank you" to all of the release groups, and i'm
glad that they do what they do... but that doesn't make them exempt from valid criticism.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]