Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#188986] Written by: BoonesFerry [24/09/2012, 23:14]

show information page:
http://eztv.it/shows/681/revolution-2012/
air dates, show description, links to tv show resources, etc.

[#189006] Written by: Gelious [25/09/2012, 07:07]
well, that's it. from now on miles and nora are my favorites characters on this show. everyone else
can go die in the hole, especially charlie-i-shall-not-kill.
also, elizabeth mitchell ftw!
[#189010] Written by: YardBoy [25/09/2012, 09:31]
Quote by gelious
well, that's it. from now on miles and nora are my favorites characters on this show.
everyone else

agreed, charlie is such a weak role, a risk to all other characters. what was/is jj abrams
thinking? where is the strong female role vis-a-vis "lost"? in the midst of his confliction, nate
may turn out interesting.

will download shortly for the sake of re-seeding.

[#189023] Written by: THRobinson [25/09/2012, 15:31]
i dunno... last season there were a few really good shows that i liked, that got cancelled, most within about
3 episodes... not sure if worthwhile downloading, or wait and see if gets renewed. :d
[#189025] Written by: Gelious [25/09/2012, 17:46]
Quote by yardboy
Quote by gelious
well, that's it. from now on miles and nora are my favorites
characters on this show.
everyone else

agreed, charlie is such a weak role, a risk to all other characters. what was/is jj abrams
thinking?

abrams? these 2 episodes were written by kripke, but whatever) the way i see it charlie is supposed
to be character with strong sense of morality. unfortunately the world she lives in doesn't
encourage such qualities.

[#189070] Written by: Movie Critic [26/09/2012, 05:56]
Quote by wynn
Quote by audiovore

love giancarlo esposito in that role though. he's just doing a great job as always so kudos to him!

hes trying but the lines they gave him are really tackey so its not easy.
[#189076] Written by: kinetix [26/09/2012, 09:19]
two episodes deep...

Quote by audiovore
while i can accept "the blackout" at face value, they fail to explain the other
mysterious things they just take for granted. such as why combustion engines don't work when fire
and guns do. then what about steam?

face value? so no need for a vital electrical ignition circuit for the actual combustion? which
neither fire, guns or steam (a byproduct of boiling water) requires.

Quote by audiovore
there would probably be a significant remnant, and at the vary least a better
semblance of older civilization at 15 post event...

so no starvation, sickness, exposure or even just plain old fighting to survive... in 15yrs post
event, pure attrition would have decimated the population

Quote by audiovore
although none of that touches on what would have happened to the nuclear reactors
and if the blackout affected those some how to prevent meltdowns...

reactors do have emergency protocols for such events as loss of electrical power... but this is a
fiction, perhaps they did or perhaps they didn't meltdown but as we've only come to the second
episodes perhaps allow the writers a chance to
'tell the story'?
Quote by audiovore
if you're looking for a good post apoc show, try falling skies...

let me stop you right there... there is no good reason to recommend this tripe and i ask anyone in
your current vicinity to strike you firmly across the face for such impudence, seriously... pfft

oh, thats soo much better...
[#189081] Written by: wynn [26/09/2012, 09:54]
Quote by kinetix
Quote by audiovore
if you're looking for a good post apoc show, try falling skies...

let me stop you right there... there is no good reason to recommend this tripe and i ask anyone in
your current vicinity to strike you firmly across the face for such impudence, seriously... pfft

falling skies has actually grown half-decent (note only half, though!). whereas revolution somehow oddly
draws resemblance to hercules or some other very, very tacky old show :/
[#189232] Written by: Audiovore [28/09/2012, 12:44]
Quote by kinetix
face value? so no need for a vital electrical ignition circuit for the actual combustion?
which neither fire, guns or steam (a byproduct of boiling water) requires.

that was my point. there should be steam trains, and not all combustion engines have electrical
starters.

Quote by kinetix
so no starvation, sickness, exposure or even just plain old fighting to survive... in 15yrs
post event, pure attrition would have decimated the population

it would definitely be a different landscape. perhaps i just have a higher opinion of humanity's ablility to
bounce-back/adapt.

Quote by kinetix
reactors do have emergency protocols for such events as loss of electrical power... but
this is a fiction, perhaps they did or perhaps they didn't meltdown but as we've only come to the second
episodes perhaps allow the writers a chance to 'tell the story'?

when you have such a far and wide reaching premise, you should have a fairly concise and easy to
convey explanation. ideally one that could fit in the intro "15 years ago the electricity stopped working,
blah blah, and now humanity stuggles to recover..."

Quote by kinetix
let me stop you right there... there is no good reason to recommend this tripe and i ask
anyone in your current vicinity to strike you firmly across the face for such impudence, seriously...
pfft

i never said it was a perfect show, just a better presentation than this. yes it is slow in parts, but there
is a lot more wiggle room with vague aliens than there is when you are trying to pretend to be hard scifi.
[#189251] Written by: scudsy [28/09/2012, 20:21]
Quote by gelious
well, that's it. from now on miles and nora are my favorites characters on this show.
everyone else

you obviously didn't watch the show or else you would have seen, the charlie character did
infact when needed make the requied kills to help save the day. if everyone in this fictional world was
blood thirsty and able to kill without prejudice then where would the suspence and drama come from???

now i know i will get into trouble for not using spoiler tags but for the life of me i cannot remember the
process. i do not often talk about the plots of shows or if i do it is not to reveal the plots. so feel free
to enlighten me.
[#189268] Written by: kinetix [29/09/2012, 01:04]
Quote by audiovore
Quote by kinetix
face value? so no need for a vital electrical ignition circuit for
the actual combustion? which neither fire, guns or steam (a byproduct of boiling water)
requires.

that was my point. there should be steam trains, and not all combustion engines have electrical
starters.

ignition circuit -spark/heater/glow plugs- which provides the combustion, didnt mention starters.

Quote by audiovore
Quote by kinetix
so no starvation, sickness, exposure or even just plain old fighting
to survive... in 15yrs post event, pure attrition would have decimated the population

it would definitely be a different landscape. perhaps i just have a higher opinion of humanity's
ablility to bounce-back/adapt.

i don't doubt humanity's ability to bounce back but 15 yrs is barely a generation, and it takes a little
time to repopulate...

Quote by audiovore
Quote by kinetix
reactors do have emergency protocols for such events as loss of
electrical power... but this is a fiction, perhaps they did or perhaps they didn't meltdown but as
we've only come to the second episodes perhaps allow the writers a chance to 'tell the story'?

when you have such a far and wide reaching premise, you should have a fairly concise and easy to
convey explanation. ideally one that could fit in the intro "15 years ago the electricity stopped
working, blah blah, and now humanity stuggles to recover..."

the beginning of episode one pretty much sums up that we are going on a journey to discover what
happened, maybe a bit of adventure and quite probably a little bit of revenge too... and i'm pretty
sure the intro says pretty much the same thing you said "15 years ago the electricity stopped working,
blah blah, and now humanity stuggles to recover..." or did i not watch the same show?

Quote by audiovore
Quote by kinetix
let me stop you right there... there is no good reason to recommend
this tripe and i ask anyone in your current vicinity to strike you firmly across the face for such
impudence, seriously... pfft

i never said it was a perfect show, just a better presentation than this. yes it is slow in parts,
but there is a lot more wiggle room with vague aliens than there is when you are trying to pretend
to be hard scifi.

there is no pretense of hard sci-fi not nearly as much as aliens, freaking spaceships and lasers
would imply, as for presentation i'm just gonna have to outright disagree, but at least its got a
fairly decent twist on a post event world thats changed the world that isnt alien (or possibly
nuclear) and its not another cop/crime/legal driven drama...
[#189837] Written by: YardBoy [09/10/2012, 08:55]
thanks 3.04x