Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#190446] Written by: itorrent [21/10/2012, 22:28]
this one aired here in australia at the start of september
[#190448] Written by: xip [21/10/2012, 23:38]
don't get me wrong, i love mythbusters, and i admire the crew... but it still amazes me how thick those
mythbusters can be.

SPOILER ALERT - (highlight to read)

while testing if one of those ice balls would go through the wooden boat, they continued to hit the support
beam in the middle every time, where the floor was 3x as thick as the rest of the floor.

and instead of testing again on the weaker areas they concluded that it couldn't be done at 150 miles/h,
they then put the boat in water, manage to shoot a hole in it, and assumed that water was the reason it
punched a hole when they missed the support beams....
awesome logic.

they are very good with the science and the technical solutions, but when it comes down to basics they
tend to screw it up.

[#190454] Written by: Xeno360 [22/10/2012, 02:49]
Quote by xip
don't get me wrong, i love mythbusters, and i admire the crew... but it still amazes me
how thick those
mythbusters can be.

SPOILER ALERT - (highlight to read)

while testing if one of those ice balls would go through the wooden boat, they continued to hit the
support
beam in the middle every time, where the floor was 3x as thick as the rest of the floor.

and instead of testing again on the weaker areas they concluded that it couldn't be done at 150 miles/h,
they then put the boat in water, manage to shoot a hole in it, and assumed that water was the reason it
punched a hole when they missed the support beams....
awesome logic.

they are very good with the science and the technical solutions, but when it comes down to basics they
tend to screw it up.

agreed. i just came on here to write the same exact statement. yes water will prevent the boat from
flexing, but i'm pretty sure that's not the case and they screwed up.

[#190455] Written by: RodPowermaster [22/10/2012, 02:58]
holy shit tory is strong! check out 9:59.
[#190467] Written by: Fireaim [22/10/2012, 09:39]
Quote by rodpowermaster
holy shit tory is strong! check out 9:59.

not really if you think about it.

i liked the episode, but yeah i noticed that they hit the support beam too which is a bit sloppy.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]