TV Packs only

Orphan Black S01E03 HDTV x264-2HD

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#198444] Written by: rseiler [14/04/2013, 02:34]
i continue to be interested in this and am enjoying the different versions of her enacted by the very talented lead actress.

i'm wary of procedurals now considering that there have been seemingly thousands of them, and this show is flirting with
becoming a police procedural, but it has so many crazy things happening that i'm not that concerned.
[#198450] Written by: zaphod6502 [14/04/2013, 05:05]
it is a very good show. agreed on the lead actress - she is very talented. her voice work is amazing.
[#198470] Written by: ockraz [14/04/2013, 15:16]
i'm not giving up on it yet, but so far it's been disappointing. i don't think the producers have a
feel for the tone of the show yet.

on one hand- the bits with the main character pretending to be german or not knowing how to wear a
holster or load a gun, the grieving drug dealer ex-boyfriend, the 'uptight soccer mom' and every
scene with the over the top 'fabulous' stepbrother - they're all played for campy humor somewhere
between what you find on burn notice and lost girl.

on the other hand, the vast sinister conspiracy and the level of violence indicate they're aiming
for something more serious like lost, 24, or maybe alcatraz.
[#198485] Written by: Movie Critic [14/04/2013, 21:33]
Quote by ockraz
i'm not giving up on it yet, but so far it's been disappointing. i don't think the producers
have a
feel for the tone of the show yet.

on one hand- the bits with the main character pretending to be german or not knowing how to wear a
holster or load a gun, the grieving drug dealer ex-boyfriend, the 'uptight soccer mom' and every
scene with the over the top 'fabulous' stepbrother - they're all played for campy humor somewhere
between what you find on burn notice and lost girl.

on the other hand, the vast sinister conspiracy and the level of violence indicate they're aiming
for something more serious like lost, 24, or maybe alcatraz.

seriously?

lets break this down:

: the selling point of the series aside from the action and suspense are the characters and their
trademarked eccentric yet somewhat believable responses, examples:
jack bauer- jack loves to say 'dammit!' or 'dammit chloe!' , act super pissed off, breath heavily right
before he is about to do something reckless against the protests of his victims or anyone around him
that say 'no jack wait..'.
tony almeida- loves to say 'michelle' in a fast yet whispery husky voice and always wrinkle his forehead
or eyebrows to look very sophisticated and tough.
chloe o'brian - nags jack alot and almost always says stuff with a whiny tone, acts overly childish and
non-cooperative whenever it seems she is under-appreciated.
and so on...
i miss 24 and they pull it off but you can't say it is that serious.

*lost
: don't get me started, this show has so much comic relief and by the last season it turns into one big
religious joke.

*alcatraz
:writing is not very interesting because it is a procedural, characters are not memorable and it has the
actor who played hugo reyes in lost and that guy is funny so its hard to say its overly serious.

all in all i think orphan black shows alot of potential, i agree that the comic relief sidekick is maybe
overly done (still not jar jar binx level though, kind of reminds me of hex on that part) because i
personally don't really care for that character.
that said the rest of the cast does a decent job acting-wise and they have interesting characters.
i think they need to introduce another antagonist character soon (not another clone), because having a
unique and interesting antagonist is important and with all due respect for the actress a person can only
wear so many faces without starting to mish-mash or developing split personality times 100 disorder.

with continuum also coming it looks like we are starting to see a nice canadian trend for decent
science fiction productions which is good because in the us it is something that sort of disappeared
after bsg:r ended (sorry i'm still very skeptical of defiance)
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]