TV Packs only

Defiance S01E02 HDTV x264-EVOLVE

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#198996] Written by: Dramonicous [23/04/2013, 16:42]
well i like the show so far, its no farscape or firefly (by far) but enjoyable.
i hope they continue with only story progressing episodes and not do annoying filler eps.
[#199011] Written by: Movie Critic [23/04/2013, 21:35]
so far the story is ok but nothing really new and no envelopes being pushed to justify the fact that it is
told in a science-fiction universe, you could just as easily adapt it into a western or even modern day.

there is the main story of the town's struggle for survival with its moral dilemmas and backstabbing
which is not really anything new.

and the side story which is a fairly standard interracial romeo and juliet style feud that is meant to
give more cultural background and would probably be incredibly boring without jaime murray playing
the role of a pale milf.

of course it is hard to hope that something will really shake the status quo of defiance since it is
related to the mmorpg which means that it is limited in its capacity to examine burning issues related to
economy, education or social structure because then these would affect the mmorpg's model which
means we are left with a science fiction that yet again deals almost exclusively with cultural and
religious differences.

i guess i should be thankful that it is not as bad and filled with boring characters like in falling skies or
terra nova (you know, where the protagonist is basically this model family guy who has the perfect
family and finds a job as the 2nd in command to a commander who is mentally broken and lost his
daughter or son to the dark side)
[#199019] Written by: OmniscientlyMe [23/04/2013, 23:57]
my grief so far is the whole terraforming left the arch above ground and the downtown underground
and mostly intact, with a plot device nuclear reactor thrown in, which the powers that be apparently
left nuclear material in, all for a convenient second attempt to destroy defiance...seriously? i'm
losing my suspension of disbelief pretty darn fast here. i strongly suspect a bunch of terra nova's
writers are on this show, and another failure will come quickly at this rate. i mean, we're not even
invested in the city or its characters yet and they've already had two attempts to destroy it. is
that going to happen every episode?

...well, that turned into a bit of a rant. anyway, i'll give it two more episodes at least, but i'm
not hopeful at this rate.
[#199021] Written by: anacron [24/04/2013, 00:56]
Quote by movie critic

of course it is hard to hope that something will really shake the status quo of defiance since it is
related to the mmorpg which means that it is limited in its capacity to examine burning issues related to
economy, education or social structure because then these would affect the mmorpg's model which
means we are left with a science fiction that yet again deals almost exclusively with cultural and
religious differences.

the walking dead (show and game) are both "related" to the original idea of the long running comic book
(or "graphic novel" for the snobs that refuse to admit they read comics).. but neither the show nor the game
have anything similar to the comic book other than the name and premise.. so i'm sure the writers won't
have their hands tied when it comes down to story lines. moreover, if they do a good job, the show might
(riiiiight!) last for years, whereas the game will be out the door as soon as the next fps/mmo comes out.
[#200111] Written by: OmniscientlyMe [13/05/2013, 23:36]
problem is walking dead is open ended enough to take place just about anywhere on the planet, where
defiance restricts itself to a single primary locale.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]