Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#201028] Written by: xram [03/06/2013, 21:34]
switch at birth bs like!
[#201033] Written by: CthulhuSaves [03/06/2013, 22:13]
completely agree. regardless of whether the subject matter itself is one's cup of tea or not (and of course "not" these days
automatically means you're an evil, bigoted monster --so much for freedom of belief or choice, eh?), the outright blatancy
of the agenda/propaganda force-feeding is simply outrageous in its obviousness.

and for the record, i get just as upset over seeing those who share my beliefs and sentiments trying to shove them down
other people's throats. if we could just get rid of all the extremists on *both* sides of the proverbial fence, maybe "live and
let live" would stand a chance of meaning something.

[#201037] Written by: Gremke [03/06/2013, 23:29]
Quote by cthulhusaves
completely agree. regardless of whether the subject matter itself is one's cup of
tea or not (and of course "not" these days automatically means you're an evil, bigoted monster --so
much for freedom of belief or choice, eh?), the outright blatancy of the agenda/propaganda force-feeding is
simply outrageous in its obviousness.

and for the record, i get just as upset over seeing those who share my beliefs and sentiments trying to
shove them down other people's throats. if we could just get rid of all the extremists on *both* sides of
the proverbial fence, maybe "live and let live" would stand a chance of meaning something.

i'd first like to point out that you're not being "force-fed" anything. second, what about the right for people
to say whatever the hell they want? third, propaganda is free speech. and fourth, you don't care or "get
just as upset over seeing those who share my beliefs and sentiments trying to shove them down other
people's throats" because you're sharing yours, or, on the other hand, "force-feeding" your beliefs and
sentiments through this forum now.

everyone and every thing has its agenda. get over it! tune the ones you do not want to hear or see out.
that being said, if you don't agree with the exposition of the plot, you do not have to watch it.
[#201050] Written by: BoonesFerry [04/06/2013, 00:56]

show information page:
http://eztv.it/shows/849/the-fosters/
show description, air dates, show resources, and torrent links.
setup on may 28, 2013 -- updated: jun 02, 2013

[#201052] Written by: sorrell [04/06/2013, 01:05]
i totally agree 110% what patsfangr wrote! it was very to the point and very honest. i feel the exact
same way. and regardless of what that persons name above me was again, i do believe we are getting
this "shoved down our throats" more and more (brainwashing) on a daily basis. it is disgusting! i am so
tired of the way hollywood and the likes have been glamorizing this so over the top now for the last
decade or more, that i can't even enjoy regular tv anymore. it is a pity. i really thought it could have
been a good show too.
[#201053] Written by: pharmacopaeia [04/06/2013, 01:07]
+1 gremke. diverse families - oh noes! how extreme! whatever is the world coming to! i'm sure those
people who don't fit the straight / white / middle class / mum+dad / 2.5 children / station wagon /
mortgage the size of greece's debt / golden retriever cookie cutter mould will be pleased to see
something a bit different.

if you don't like it, don't watch it, just don't make out like it's some insidious backroom plot to
make the world more like a twisted sesame st nightmare. if you want propaganda, try watching old
episodes of "24". usa! usa!

[#201055] Written by: leumassmada [04/06/2013, 01:36]
+1 gremke
+1 pharmacopaeia
:-)
[#201056] Written by: sinclap2 [04/06/2013, 01:37]
damn it! i thought it was gunna be about beer!
[#201059] Written by: ockraz [04/06/2013, 02:14]
Quote by pharmacopaeia

if you don't like it, don't watch it, just don't make out like it's some insidious backroom plot to
make the world more like a twisted sesame st nightmare. if you want propaganda, try watching old
episodes of "24". usa! usa!

24? seriously? you've go to be f@%&ing kidding me! surnow is probably the only major tv producer
who's openly conservative and you're citing him as evidence that the entertainment industry doesn't
shoehorn liberal propaganda into everything? that's just ridiculous.

fwiw, i'm not troubled by hollywood promoting a pro gay marriage agenda because i'm in favor of gay
marriage. as an issue gay marriage is very unusual in that i don't really see a good justification
for opposing it without resorting to claims based on religion. other than school prayer and teaching
evolution, which haven't been real issues for two generations, the only other issues i know of which
are lacking a justification on one side (in a pluralistic society) are abstinence only sex ed and
the fuss about mandated contraception coverage in obamacare.

i am bothered by hollywood injecting advocacy into entertainment on all the issues where one can
come up with reasonable arguments on either side. if you were judging our culture only on our
entertainment you'd assume that everyone was liberal. it doesn't come close to representing the
population at large. people worried about a lack of diversity on tv usually focus on race and
ethnicity, but it's ideology where the absence of diversity is most problematic.
[#201060] Written by: ockraz [04/06/2013, 02:19]
Quote by sinclap2
damn it! i thought it was gunna be about beer!

lol
[#201070] Written by: BoonesFerry [04/06/2013, 04:23]

stop now! this is not the place.
find a social political forum.
or continue in private messages.

[#201074] Written by: couchapple [04/06/2013, 05:14]
i guess you people don't like seed then either

but hey, i guess i wouldn't like being force-fed seed either

anybody actually watched it? how was it?
[#201079] Written by: YezzMann [04/06/2013, 05:57]
don't like it? don't watch it!

but i do agree that this show is just pandering to the p.c.-crowd. people like leumassmada,
pharmacopaeia and gremke, who just "have" to like a show like this. and i have a strong suspicion that
the first two are the same person...

oh, and i won't watch this btw.
[#201087] Written by: DungeonRaider [04/06/2013, 08:11]
if you like it, keep watching it. if you don't like it, don't watch it again. if not enough watch it
it will be cancelled. if enough people watch it that it isn't cancelled, it shouldn't matter to you
since you're not watching it anymore so why should you care.
[#201089] Written by: ockraz [04/06/2013, 08:23]
Quote by boonesferry

stop now! this is not the place.
find a social political forum.
or continue in private messages.

there's often talk here about whether shows are repeating tired themes. i'm sure that when dracula
airs there'll be comments about one too many vampire shows. we also have lots of comments about
overused plot points or mysteries whose solutions are too obvious or foreshadowing that telegraphs
what ought to be a surprising upcoming development. it's obvious that the users here place a
premium on originality and entertainment that isn't overly predictable.

if the politics of those in the entertainment industry often results in their producing shows where
characters representing liberal interests are routinely portrayed more favorably than characters
representing conservative interests, then isn't that a legitimate topic to discuss? i take the point
that political discussion shouldn't invade a forum for discussing entertainment, but questioning
whether politics in the entertainment industry negatively affects the product it creates is actually
a discussion about entertainment.

santabj says:

...no.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]