Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#202500] Written by: OneTrickPony [11/07/2013, 11:12]

http://goo.gl/wztox

sounds promising
[#202501] Written by: cameltoe [11/07/2013, 12:23]

for a second thought it was this one, the police drama from 2010, with aaron douglas...
imdb.com/title/tt1278016/
and got confused. that show got canned for some reason. they really should stop giving the tv-shows
single-word titles. dictionary has only so many words. will ever see a show named... cynosure? or
maybe... stultiloquence?

[#202503] Written by: jukkie [11/07/2013, 14:03]
a police show...

how original...
[#202506] Written by: david630 [11/07/2013, 14:55]
awesome this show was really really good

here is andy greenwald's take
grantland.com/story/_/id/9464552/fx-excellent-new-series-bridge
[#202523] Written by: movielover2 [11/07/2013, 18:56]
based on the danish / swedish tv series of the same name,[2] the bridge follows two police
detectives
[#202526] Written by: hgeronimo [11/07/2013, 19:29]
Quote by jukkie
a police show...

how original...

i wonder what is original in your opinion.
[#202532] Written by: aroyals [11/07/2013, 20:40]
all the good shows
dexter, breaking bad, game of thrones etc...
[#202533] Written by: NoGod4Me [11/07/2013, 22:51]
haven't seen this yet but i doubt it will live up to the original. i would urge everyone to seek
out the original danish/swedish version if you want to see one of the most brilliant and unique
characters ever portrayed on tv.
there is a great version subbed by the bbc available on tpb from an uploader called snowhiter. go
find it!
[#202538] Written by: madalfredo [12/07/2013, 00:21]
yeah, i second that
[#202543] Written by: Caisa [12/07/2013, 02:59]
the swedish/danish original was brilliant. after watching 25 minutes i see very few similarities. and
nowhere as good. but nevertheless worth following.
[#202551] Written by: fuzi0719 [12/07/2013, 06:51]
it has potential, but the female lead almost makes me want to not watch it. i can't quite tell if
she is really that bad of an actress or she is being directed in such a way to make her appear to be
a really bad actress. it is as if someone said, "hey, let's combine 'monk' and 'the wire', should
be wonderful!". i will watch a couple more episodes and hope my initial dislike of her doesn't make
me hate the whole series.
[#202590] Written by: cameltoe [13/07/2013, 19:58]
Quote by fuzi0719
it has potential, but the female lead almost makes me want to not watch it. i can't
quite tell if
she is really that bad of an actress or she is being directed in such a way to make her appear to be
a really bad actress. it is as if someone said, "hey, let's combine 'monk' and 'the wire', should
be wonderful!". i will watch a couple more episodes and hope my initial dislike of her doesn't make
me hate the whole series.

haw. i think her character just has mild or moderate case of asperger's some other form of high
functioning autism (hfa). it's not mentioned anywhere but all the distinguishing marks are there.
limited empathy, takes things literally and follows phrases and expressions up with questions if
it's something that has to be read between the lines, bad at reading between the lines, clear sense
of what's right and wrong, follows procedure to everyone's detriment... she does kinda neat job at
that. could be better, could be worse. her colleagues view her as an oddball... the list goes on.
it's pretty textbook case of hfa.
[#202616] Written by: Audiovore [14/07/2013, 19:15]
potential? one to watch? oy vey. this was bad. pathetically bad. the danish/swedish one might be ok
since they are on friendlier terms and eu border regs. but this show is a no go. an asperger's el paso
detective, ok sure. in charge if a murder in the federal border? no. uh uh. sorry, ain't gonna happen. this
is a patriot act world. the border wouldn't even bother with el paso, the feds would be the first call.

Quote by nogod4me

there is a great version subbed by the bbc available on tpb from an uploader called snowhiter. go
find it!

thanks for the referral, i've been wanting to watch foreign language tv. i'll give that one ago.
[#202630] Written by: patsfangr [15/07/2013, 02:43]
i felt like i was watching an autistic cop. imo, they went way over the top with her character. we'll have
to see if they make some attempt to bring her back to some semblance of reality. would any police force
in the country actually promote a person with that behavioral problem to detective? maybe at some desk
job; but certainly not out in the field on major homicide cases.

i also have a bit of a problem with the mexican cop; though not as extreme. it's a little hard to swallow a
"squeaky clean", dedicated cop serving in a high ranking position within an otherwise totally corrupt police
force. they need to make him a little bit less of a "solid citizen". perhaps write him as a guy with a
conscience who helps "get around" the corruption a bit; despite still being a bit tainted himself.

if these two characters don't become more realistic after a couple more shows, i'll be done with this one,
despite the fact that i think the basic theme is a good one.
[#202740] Written by: BoonesFerry [17/07/2013, 00:34]

show information page (added on july 16, 2013):
http://eztv.it/shows/869/the-bridge-us/
show description, air dates, show resources, and torrent links.

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]