Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#205733] Written by: BoonesFerry [29/09/2013, 22:03]

series finale

5x16 -- sep 29, 2013 -- felina

show information page:
http://eztv.it/shows/36/breaking-bad/
show description, air dates, show resources, and torrent links.

reminder: when discussing key elements or details of the show please use spoiler tags.
text that is entered between two spoiler tags is not visible...until it is highlighted (selected).
for future reference, please copy and paste (or type) the following text into your message:
[spoiler] replace this text with your spoiler message. [/spoiler]

[#205738] Written by: SoulJah [29/09/2013, 23:29]
decent finale, i liked it....

thanks,
goodbye breaking bad!
[#205739] Written by: TraumaHound [30/09/2013, 00:11]
so long, breaking bad. thanks for everything.

SPOILER ALERT - (highlight to read)
badfinger - "baby blue" - youtu.be/tka7xqb6upk

...wasn't sure if it's okay to direct-link to youtube...
[#205740] Written by: wilbrod [30/09/2013, 00:14]
not sure if i like the finale..

i guess he did have to die.. no coming back.. although maybe he survived the gun shot wound..!
[#205741] Written by: pffft [30/09/2013, 00:27]
what a fantastic finale! no loose ends left unaddressed.
bb will likely be heralded and join the list as one of best all-time tv series!

[#205742] Written by: Jokez NZ [30/09/2013, 01:44]
thank you breaking bad, definitely one of the greatest tv shows ever.
[#205749] Written by: aroyals [30/09/2013, 04:56]
yeah, great final ep, shame dexter's wasn't even half as good.

although...

not looking good for jesse, fingerprints all over the place and no run money
[#205757] Written by: rad65 [30/09/2013, 10:56]
Quote by wilbrod
not sure if i like the finale..

i guess he did have to die.. no coming back..
although maybe he survived the gun shot wound..!

are you serious that you didn't like it cos he died? of course
he had to die. if you had watched any of breaking bad
before the finale and understood what was going on, you'd
know that it could never end any differently. i had no idea
what was going to happen in tonights eppisode except for
walt dying, which was a given
[#205760] Written by: wrecche [30/09/2013, 11:15]
absolutely loved it. i saved the last 5 eps and just watched themback to back and can honestly say
this was a show that ended with a brilliant finale. sad but satisfied. could not have gone any
different...

thank god they did it well, not rushed, not cancelled, not disney.

kudos to all the cast and writers... will be a long time before another show comes close to this one..

:)
[#205761] Written by: Dramonicous [30/09/2013, 11:17]
good ending but would had liked to see some aftermath, like an extra 5min or so.

still im thankful it wasnt a fuck up like dexter finale, that undid pretty much all of the series...
[#205763] Written by: rad65 [30/09/2013, 11:49]
Quote by aikousha
so this is how the bad ends...
... both with a bang and a whimper...

i thought he was going to end it like half of all meth labs end, especially after he eyed
the gauge. but i think he succumbed to the bullet wound before he could set it up. that position
on the ground screamed unfinished...
and did jesse manage to get past the fleet of patrol cars, or is he in custody? well, one
unanswered question ain't bad for the ending of such a powerful show.

i don't know what to say to that, other than "did we watch the same finale?"
he was at peace at the end. the meth lab is the only place that he felt powerful and accomplished
in his life, and he spent his last moments remembering that. he was never going to blow it up, that's daft.
he blew up gus' to avoid being incriminated. he had no reason to blow this one up. also, did you
completely misread the scene between walt and jesse where walt clearly comes to terms with dying and
he looks at peace?

also, of course jesse got past the cops. you really didn't pick up on anything in this finale if you didn't
notice that. vince gilligan would never have jesse be caught off camera by the cops without explaining it.
[#205769] Written by: n1ght [30/09/2013, 13:30]
Quote by wrecche
(...) sad but satisfied (...)

couldn't agree more. great finale but with this it leaves a certain void, no more stepping into walt's world..
thank you vince gilligan plus cast for making bad so good!

http://www.amctv.com/shows/breaking-bad/thanking-bad
[#205783] Written by: rad65 [30/09/2013, 20:51]
Quote by aikousha
Quote by rad65

i don't know what to say to that, other than "did we watch the same finale?"

yes we did, and, i got your points. but i am also figuring in his realization and coming to
terms with his own hubris and selfishness, which he clearly showed a little earlier. i also don't
think he wanted to be shackled for the remainder of his life, ill from cancer. the police would not
let him end his life on his own terms, he would be on permanent suicide watch. many of us 'out
here' were certain that he was going to end it on his own terms. i'm also fairly sure by his final
actions at skyler's that he also wanted it to be quick and uncomplicated for her... and since he
took pride in his "cooking," and was upset to have others hijack, or resurrect it (and the gall of
having jesse start the blue again)... it would make a quick end, and would destroy his process.

so, you're just negating the way he held that gas mask and stared at it with a look of longing, and
forgetting that he tapped that gauge all the time when he cooked? he was pretty obviously reliving all
his old meth cooking memories with relish. he did come to terms with his selfishness, which is why he
stayed around, to die next to the equipment and prove once and for all that he was the one cooking the
blue meth, and at the same time move all blame from jesse, who people knew had helped walt cook
and would obviously be at the top of everyone's list if they found blue meth and knew heisenberg didn't
make it.

see, i believe you're right that he did want to kill jesse for cooking his meth, but once he saw that
jesse was nothing but a prisoner being forced to churn out the blue, he set that anger towards jesse
aside, saved jesse's life (why would he have saved jesse if he wanted the blame to fall on him?), and
set it up so nothing would blow back on jesse. also, do you remember him destroying gus' lab? he did
that with vitriol, and with a single-minded purpose. in this episode, he meandered through there like
russell crowe does with the wheat field at the end of gladiator.
[#205797] Written by: elessar777 [01/10/2013, 02:13]
shitty end to a great series. just like dexter, extremely disappointing
[#205798] Written by: elessar777 [01/10/2013, 02:14]
Quote by pffft
what a fantastic finale! no loose ends left unaddressed.
bb will likely be heralded and join the list as one of best all-time tv series!

no loose ends? lol. are you serious? either your brain does not function or we watched a different
finale.

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]