Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#211675] Written by: BoonesFerry [10/03/2014, 22:15]

show information page:
http://eztv.it/shows/997/believe/
show description, air dates, show resources, and torrent links.
updated: march 08, 2014

[#211711] Written by: wolvie38 [11/03/2014, 11:39]
so far, this series could be promising. quite different than the recent new series trends, and still
contains the x factor of having supernatural abilities. will be watching to see if it continues on a
positive path.

writing and acting are, well, not the best, but not terrible...
[#211715] Written by: willrob [11/03/2014, 15:21]
reminds me of the fox series "touch." a father protecting his child who has "special abilities".
[#211734] Written by: decanos78 [12/03/2014, 01:45]
it just reminds me of too much like "firestarter", the film from the 80's with
drew barrymore in it. i loved that film. what's the bet the fathers powers
will activate somehow?

honestly though... for a pilot episode, there just was not enough in it to make
me be like.. "oh okay, i wana see the next episode right now".. was hoping the
girls powers would have been shown more, though they will probably make them
more and more damaging/effective throughout the series.

@wolvie38 .. agreed the acting was okay but not top notch, that assassin woman
should go back to acting school, i was cringing at every scene she was in >.<

i got a sneeky suspicion tho that this shows gona be like a cross between firestarter
and that 80s tv show "highway to heaven" (damn thats going back some years).

SPOILER ALERT - (highlight to read)
the girl screamin, i was half expecting the woman to explode and a guy
pop up in the corner of the screen and shout "toastie!".. but no, she get's attacked
by pigeons, if she was that badass.. she coulda shot through them at the other guys"
[#211742] Written by: ockraz [12/03/2014, 05:24]
Quote by willrob
reminds me of the fox series "touch." a father protecting his child who has "special
abilities".

i thought of that too, especially given that she seems compelled to use her powers to help people.
at least, though, there's no indication they're going down the insane rabbit hole where mental
illness is portrayed as the next step in the 'spiritual evolution' of mankind. incidentally, that
particular new age theory (of indigo and crystal children) was advocated by jenny mccarthy until she
switched from a theory that potentially harms children with mental illness by preventing them from
getting appropriate treatment to her anti-vaccination crusade which potentially harms all children.
of course, even if it hadn't been inspired by harmful anti-scientific nonsense, it still would have
been awful because of the inexplicable choice to cast sutherland as the lead who had to create a
relationship with a mute inexpressive child. it was like watching a spin off of 24 where jack bauer
is always on the verge of tears because his magic puppy doesn't love him and keeps running away from
home.

there's another show that shares some important similarities with believe (and hopefully the one
that it'll take its cues from rather than touch). the relationship between the main characters is a
triangle between bo, the girl with super-powers that she doesn't understand, washington, a secret
agent father-figure and protector who knows the truth but is keeping it from her, and tate, the evil
dad who was unaware of her existence and might reform himself. that same triangle existed between
claire, noah, and nathan on heroes. this show is focusing on the relationship with the biological
father rather than the surrogate father, which is unfortunate because that's less interesting and
because jake mclaughlin's performance so far has been pretty awful. one of my favorite moments was
when delroy lindo says, "they'll be the best years of your life." he seemed jealous of tate. it
reminded me of the affection for claire that jack coleman portrayed so very well.

my other favorite moment was when bo, who has the potential to become a really annoying character
when being earnest and driven, injected some much needed levity into the show by asking, "what if a
man is walking on the side of the road, and it's really hot and he drops a penny, and it gets stuck
on the melting road, and his hand gets stuck and a truck is coming?" i think that the writers may
have missed an opportunity by merely having tate reply, "that's never happening." it'd have been a
nice bonding moment if he'd said, "that would never happen. people don't pick up pennies. now, if it
was a quarter..."
[#211780] Written by: Volvi [13/03/2014, 03:01]
poorly written and poorly acted. had potential but if continues same as pilot it will implode with that
stupid scream or not. will try couple more eps but not holding my breath for it.
[#211789] Written by: yummytoes [13/03/2014, 07:23]
the show is ok except...

SPOILER ALERT - (highlight to read)

this girl is supposed to have these amazing psychic powers. she overloads an mri machine. she did
the screaming/bird thing. she was able to divine who the surgeon's father was (granted it wasn't a
big stretch). she also foretold the surgeon would save a "senga", etc.

yet despite all this, she couldn't divine her own father was right next to her even if they were
together for literally hours?

so big plot hole there!
[#211901] Written by: DanteDanteDante [17/03/2014, 13:38]
at least you guys agree with me that this show blows. everyone at imdb is like "omg this show is so epic".
im like, hell no!
[#213870] Written by: willrob [16/05/2014, 17:14]
what do the asterisks (*) before the episode's name mean? i notice them frequently in various
programs, but can never find a footnote, so i have to assume they are used for a unique function
here. the last for episodes of believe each have an asterisk before the title in the episode list,
for example.
[#213871] Written by: BoonesFerry [16/05/2014, 17:35]

Quote by willrob
what do the asterisks (*) before the episode's name mean? ...

good question.
for us shows i gather my airdate/schedule/title data from thefutoncritic.com and
tvlistings.zap2it.com and when the two are not a match and i cannot find another 1st person
source to verify the data then i go with the one i think is most often correct and i place an (*)
asterisk in front of the data. basically it serves as a reminder that i need to recheck the data next
week...or the week after...or when i have time.

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]