TV Packs only

Benched S01E01 720p HDTV x264-BATV

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#218592] Written by: Khrim [16/10/2014, 08:49]
saw the trailer for this, can't say it's going to be any good. in fact it looks quite bad, really.

in case you're curious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caol5qxbn1e
[#218593] Written by: YezzMann [16/10/2014, 11:15]
why is almost everybody in american series either a lawyer or a doctor? creative writing much?
[#218595] Written by: aroyals [16/10/2014, 11:36]
or cop / some sort of law enforcement
[#218597] Written by: xram [16/10/2014, 13:33]
don't forget serial killers and super heroes!
[#218600] Written by: xip [16/10/2014, 16:22]
granted, i am a bit tired of all the cop and doctor shows to.
but it is hardly suppressing or odd that this is the case.

seems entirely reasonable that there will be more tv shows about the professions that most people dream
about, and society considers to have the most prestige (not sure if that includes serial killer )

and when it comes to marketing, you market what you know sell... everything else is a gamble with money.
witch is why 95% all the aaa pc games look exactly the same as the prevues one.

what the sensitive gourmet tv noses in a torrent forum think is of little value ;-)

[#218606] Written by: Blackspectre [16/10/2014, 20:31]
the reason is probably that us need more ppl working in those proffessions.
[#218614] Written by: Khrim [17/10/2014, 01:05]
Quote by yezzmann
why is almost everybody in american series either a lawyer or a doctor? creative
writing much?

i think i can answer that. we're stupid. not we as in americans, but we as in a viewer of shows.

the uk has documentaries on particle physics, we have "...because aliens." haha

all kidding aside, hollywood found long ago that if they keep making a movie or show based on a
fomula of hitting the largest audience (aka cast the biggest net) they can get more viewers than if
they tried to max out one specific group of people. that's why you have you slept with my sister
drama in arrow, and scantily clad hot women in chick flicks. so that girls will watch guy shows and
guys will watch girl shows. everyone knows what a cop or a lawyer is and it worked in the past so
might as well carry on, right? ehhhh hate that laziness.

what it also breaks down to is that these shows are incredibly cheap to make. like very cheap. most
the costumes and wardrobes are available from other shows (that were probably canceled), sets
consist of someone's house or a building then fake blood and plastic "police line" tape. there's no
special effects, no extravagant props or animations, etc.

so knowing that the average viewer is dumb, likes to see drama and hot women in a profession we
don't have to wikipedia to understand the basics of, and that the production value will be basically
cast, crew, lights, and camera, then they just green light everything and just shout action!

sad thing is kevin smith proved that you can make a movie for 26k and make millions box office when
he made clerks, so the amount they spend on their revolving door cop dramas is still too high lol.
i'd like to see teams of film students given the chance to pitch shows on live tv or on some sort of
reality show where the winner gets to make their show and air it on tv. i'm not advocating reality
tv by any means, but if they get a young genius, lock him/her into a directing contract with the
station and 1 mini season for their show, make their show and debut it. we'll see a lot of crap in
the competition segment, but with the winner we could see the next firefly, breaking bad, or it's
always sunny in philly. and that's about the only way that i think hollywood will listen to viewers,
if we dumb down the whole experience into a reality show.. lol
[#218619] Written by: vexxxboy [17/10/2014, 05:55]
this had a few laugh out loud moments and will watch again , not as funny as sirens but has promise.
[#218657] Written by: yasunori [18/10/2014, 14:06]
>the reason is probably that us need more ppl working in those proffessions.

us needs more lawyers? you're kidding )

it's just much easier to portray some jobs as heroic andor attractive and some people as geniuses at what they do. lawyers
wear sharp suits and save the day either by publicly arguing the case with their silver tongue or smugly passing binders with
documents that make bad guys shit their pants. it's even easier with people who risk their lives (cops) or who save others
(doctors)

it's much harder to do that with more mundane jobs
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]