TV Packs only

Caprica S01E18 HDTV XviD-SYS

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#149801] Written by: elessar777 [05/01/2011, 05:43]
can we please have non hi def versions. im not into dloading 1gb files for one episode, i don't have
a big enough download limit for that! thanks and im sure im not alone!
[#149803] Written by: elessar777 [05/01/2011, 05:46]
i meant for the other episodes, seems strange to start with 18 when we are missing 14-17 in regular
350mb format
[#149804] Written by: xcgates [05/01/2011, 06:15]
and some of us have the bandwidth, but no computer that can handle 720p!

(living on a frankenbox that was old when sata came out, and a netbook, yes, i know, i need a new
desktop.)
[#149806] Written by: elessar777 [05/01/2011, 06:21]
for me its not bandwidth (which pertains to actual speed available) as i get 1mb per sec, but quota,
only 60gb a month including uploads. but yeah disc space is an issue too, i also need a new hd lol

hope they sort these episodes out soon, it's all fracked up at the moment!
[#149832] Written by: belzebiusz [05/01/2011, 10:08]
c
[#149834] Written by: nightmarejoker2 [05/01/2011, 10:39]
Quote by xcgates
and some of us have the bandwidth, but no computer that can handle 720p!

(living on a frankenbox that was old when sata came out, and a netbook, yes, i know, i need a new
desktop.)

download the free divx codec or ffdshow and enable dxva decoding. this will make your graphics card
do the heavy lifting. also, if your computer already has pci express, get a cheap nvidia 8400gts or
9500gts or better those cards have a hardware h.264 decoder which would then only put work on your
cpu to decode the audio (even better than dxva).
also, you only need around 1.5ghz for 720p playback on the most complex decoding pattern for avc
h.264. you should try kmplayer, too.
[#149850] Written by: burnodo [05/01/2011, 14:03]
i would like to see the low-def entries for the last 5 capricas. ep 14 is not present when doing a search.
did i miss it or was it not posted?
[#149852] Written by: KillingTime [05/01/2011, 14:10]
Quote by nightmarejoker2
download the free divx codec or ffdshow and enable dxva decoding. this will
make your graphics card do the heavy lifting. also, if your computer already has pci express, get a
cheap nvidia 8400gts or 9500gts or better those cards have a hardware h.264 decoder which would then
only put work on your cpu to decode the audio (even better than dxva).
also, you only need around 1.5ghz for 720p playback on the most complex decoding pattern for avc

(from wikipedia) sata - created in 2003. pci express - created in 2004. he's got a pc that "was old
when sata came out", so it's got no chance of having a pci express slot.

and as for playing 720p video on a 1.5ghz machine... i tried it one time on a friend's 9 year old
1.7ghz p4 box for a laugh, and while technically it 'worked', it was like watching a slide show.
[#149857] Written by: cmotd [05/01/2011, 15:12]
Quote by killingtime
Quote by nightmarejoker2
download the free divx codec or ffdshow and enable dxva
decoding. this will
make your graphics card do the heavy lifting. also, if your computer already has pci express, get a
cheap nvidia 8400gts or 9500gts or better those cards have a hardware h.264 decoder which would then
only put work on your cpu to decode the audio (even better than dxva).

(from wikipedia) sata - created in 2003. pci express - created in 2004. he's got a pc that "was old
when sata came out", so it's got no chance of having a pci express slot.

and as for playing 720p video on a 1.5ghz machine... i tried it one time on a friend's 9 year old
1.7ghz p4 box for a laugh, and while technically it 'worked', it was like watching a slide show.

lol, i've got a 10yr old pc that plays 1080p flawlessly. try using a real os instead of winblows

also, wtf r ppl whining about sd versions of these episodes for? all these have been around from
november to early december last year, idiots

[#149860] Written by: KillingTime [05/01/2011, 16:11]
Quote by cmotd
lol, i've got a 10yr old pc that plays 1080p flawlessly. try using a real os instead of
winblows

i run linux on my own box. did you not notice the part where i said it was on a friend's pc?

i'm finding it a bit tough to believe you have a 10 year old pc that can handle 1080p flawlessly. my
2nd linux machine is about that old (athlonxp 2100 / agp radeon 9600 / 1gb ddr) and it can't play
1080p smoothly. tried with totem (both xine and gstreamer backends), mplayer and vlc, makes little
difference, it's a slide show in all of them. it can just barely do 720p smoothly. and yeah, i made
sure they were outputting to xv, rather than doing everything on the cpu. it's a shame the r9600
doesn't support xvmc.

what's your secret to making 1080p smooth on an old machine?

[#149863] Written by: xcgates [05/01/2011, 17:46]
netbook: 1.66 ghz/2 gig ram (xp), using vlc
desktop: amd athlon xp 2100, no pci express, 1 gig ram (ubuntu), don't really watch anything on this.

come to think of it, there isn't any reason for the desktop to be so slow (it is slow enough even
when browsing websites and can't do youtube), but i just use it to serve files/download for the most
part.

one thing about me: i'm relatively cheap, and i don't screw with things anymore. my computers, i
throw in something that works, and that's it. i deal with to many computer issues at work, i don't
want to deal with computers at home. similar thing with my vehicles, i'll do the work on them, but
as long as they run and get the job done, they stay the way they are. at some point i'm going to
play with some sort of linux on my netbook, but for now it is my reliable, usable computer, and i
don't screw with my one and only decent computer. it is a policy i started in school, and i don't
see a reason to change it now. besides, i have a lot of data to organize and back up before i do
something like that.

though i guess the computers aren't getting the job done, so i'm going to try out the divx player
(downloading as i type)

(oh, and are you talking about 1.5 ghz single core, or multi-core processor?)

i mean, i ride an '85 motorcycle daily, and can't remember the last time i filled up my car, so not
quite used to modern stuff. (outside the lab, but the toys are out-of-this-world, and still are a
pain in the butt)
[#149865] Written by: xcgates [05/01/2011, 18:34]
hold the phone, isn't divx built into vlc?

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.php?cat=video

(at least versions 1/2/3)
[#149866] Written by: bratandy [05/01/2011, 18:35]
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5940690/caprica.s01e14.pdtv.xvid-yoox
[#149876] Written by: nightmarejoker2 [05/01/2011, 20:13]
Quote by xcgates
netbook: 1.66 ghz/2 gig ram (xp), using vlc
desktop: amd athlon xp 2100, no pci express, 1 gig ram (ubuntu), don't really watch anything on this.
playback should be fine on both machines, especially on windows, i don't know about you but
video playback on linux isn't very good unless you have a broadcom decoder chip which works equally
well on windows.
Quote by xcgates

though i guess the computers aren't getting the job done, so i'm going to try out the divx player
(downloading as i type)
don't use the divx player, it doesn't support mkv header removal
compression properly yet, use only the divx plus hd codec for decoding
with a directshow compatible media player (wmp, mpc-hc, kmplayer, etc.)

Quote by xcgates
(oh, and are you talking about 1.5 ghz single core, or multi-core processor?)

single core, are there even dual core processors with less than 1.66ghz?

Quote by xcgates
hold the phone, isn't divx built into vlc?

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.php?cat=video

(at least versions 1/2/3)

yes, h.263 advanced simple profile (mpeg4 part 2) is built into vlc which can play divx, but without
divx's proprietary extensions, and it cannot be used for avc h.264 (mpeg4 part 10), there's x264 in
vlc,
which is a great encoder for avc h.264 but an inefficient decoder on the cpu and has no dxva
support, only the libavcodec has but that's not better either.

by the way, with kmplayer i wasn't talking about the konqueror media player on kde/linux but about k-
multimedia player which you can find here: http://www.kmplayer.com/ or here:
http://download.pandora.tv/?mode=kmp

all you need for dxva (directx video accelerated) playback is a directx 8/9 compatible graphics card,
even an nvidia geforce fx 5200 should help your cpu enough for smooth 720p playback.
[#149879] Written by: itorrent [05/01/2011, 21:32]
Quote by elessar777
i meant for the other episodes, seems strange to start with 18 when we are missing
14-17 in regular
350mb format

+1
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]