Bunheads 1x01 (HDTV-x264-ASAP)

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#184901] Written by: smakdy [12/06/2012, 11:07]
Quote by bleebs
yep, you nailed the reviews guys. you should review girly shows more often.

on behalf of the more sentient half of our species, i'd like to say that i found the pilot to be a
pretty good watch. not up there with got, borgias, bsg, mad men, and spartacus et al on the
awesome-meter, but a slightly less exhausting piece of light entertainment that i personally welcome
from time to time.

fail post
[#184906] Written by: shadowphoenix88 [12/06/2012, 13:17]
Quote by mr_crow
i think this forum is going to be more entertaining than the show.

if you all keep up the sarcasm-detector breaking brilliance, then i'll keep coming to these threads solely
for the laughs.
[#184908] Written by: artgrrrl [12/06/2012, 13:36]
Quote by bleebs
yep, you nailed the reviews guys. you should review girly shows more often.

don't blame this crap on us! :-) i'm a girl and i wouldn't watch this drivel no matter how many smoke
breaks i've had! i'm guessing the "powers that be" over at abc family, who put this show in their line-up,
were men.
[#184929] Written by: sentret [13/06/2012, 01:40]
the show actually isn't bad. if one appreciated gilmore girls, bunheads won't disappoint. has the
same showrunner. the same snappy dialogue. and a beautiful lead actress.

if this show isn't your cup of tea, then fine.
[#184943] Written by: nowego [13/06/2012, 06:38]
Quote by sentret
the show actually isn't bad. if one appreciated gilmore girls, bunheads won't
disappoint. has the
same showrunner. the same snappy dialogue. and a beautiful lead actress.

if this show isn't your cup of tea, then fine.

i am in agreement here, it has potential, and the pilot didnt disappoint. i appreciated and loved
gilmore girls, glad to see another show by the same writers.

looks like most of the "critics" on here should be over on imbt, they need more no alls who don't
appreciate anything that doesn't have lots of explosions and nude scenes.

[#184953] Written by: WhtRvn [13/06/2012, 08:29]

i disagree to the claim that if one liked the gilmore girls then this is a good show for him. i'm a
huge gilmore girls fan, and i found the pilot to be a huge disappointment just the same.

though there are parallels between the two shows. they are mainly aesthetic ones (same actors -
kelly bishop, rose abdoo, same music - sam phillips, same small quirky town location, and a lead
actress who looks very similar to lauren graham). as plot quality, it doesn't even come close.
(without spoilering to those who haven't seen it yet) i found the character of michelle very
unrealistic and unsympathetic. and on a lesser note, i have to agree with what shonda rhimes said -
there's a lack of diversity. it would have been nice to have a different ethnic girl among the bunheads.

[#184957] Written by: Bellaciao [13/06/2012, 11:44]
thanks guys and girls for the enlightening piece on how "girly" this crap is and how "light"
entertainment can be welcome as well as shows featuring good looking women (so fucking lame,
makes me wanna throw up).
first stop insulting us women with brains. if this is targetting us women, some of us are more equal
than others...
second stop watching crap tv so they stop producing it and selling it worldwide, it not only pollutes
american screens, unfortunately, it is cheap to buy all over the world too... so lets' boycott all this
crap and only watch great shows, with great writers, and there are a few of those, i'm a fan of a few
hbo, amc, showtime production. since the wire, i believe breaking bad, mad men, boss, are top of
the list, along with foreign series such as the killing (the original danish version not the americanized
one i never watched...). just saying, if we want the best, we must support the best and axe the
rest...
cheers,
[#184968] Written by: shadowphoenix88 [13/06/2012, 19:08]
Quote by whtrvn

i disagree to the claim that if one liked the gilmore girls then this is a good show for him. i'm a
huge gilmore girls fan, and i found the pilot to be a huge disappointment just the same.

though there are parallels between the two shows. they are mainly aesthetic ones (same actors -
kelly bishop, rose abdoo, same music - sam phillips, same small quirky town location, and a lead
actress who looks very similar to lauren graham). as plot quality, it doesn't even come close.
(without spoilering to those who haven't seen it yet) i found the character of michelle very
unrealistic and unsympathetic. and on a lesser note, i have to agree with what shonda rhimes said -
there's a lack of diversity. it would have been nice to have a different ethnic girl among the bunheads.

that was my issue as well. i am a guy who enjoyed gilmore girls, but bunheads just looks contrived,
cliche, and unappealing. perhaps it's just poor marketing on the part of abc family, but we'll see. i didn't
get into gilmore girls until a couple of seasons in when i happened to pass by it on reruns and was
surprised. i'll admit i didn't check out the pilot, but it's not really on my radar at this point.
[#185296] Written by: BoonesFerry [21/06/2012, 22:46]

better late than never...

show information page:
http://eztv.it/shows/660/bunheads/
updated: june 21, 2012

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]