Login Register
[ Forum » TV-News » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#197106] Written by: BoonesFerry [22/03/2013, 14:41]

da vinci's demons - upcoming new series
http://eztv.it/tvnews/5990/da-vincis-demons-upcoming-new-series/

1x01 -- apr 12, 2013 -- the hanged man
1x02 -- apr 19, 2013 -- the serpent

in a world where thought and faith are controlled, one man fights to set knowledge free. the secret
history of leonardo da vinci's tantalizing life reveals a portrait of a young man tortured by a gift of
superhuman genius. he is a heretic intent on exposing the lies of religion. an insurgent seeking to
subvert an elitist society. a bastard son who yearns for legitimacy with his father.

he finds himself in the midst of a storm that has been brewing for centuries. a conflict between truth
and lies, religion and reason, past and future. his aspirations are used against him by the opposing
forces of the time - luring him into a game of seduction where those who despise his intellect need him
most. leonardo must take up the fight against foes who use history to suppress the truth. a hero armed
only with genius, da vinci stands alone against the darkness within, and the darkness without.

facing an uncertain future, his quest for knowledge nearly becomes his undoing as he explores the
fringes of his own sanity. da vinci throws himself into his genius and emerges as an unstoppable force
that lifts an entire era out of darkness and propels it into light. his story becomes a mirror into our own
world, calling us all to join his fight to free the future.

da vinci's demons - starz official trailer: http://youtu.be/idud-uvbpzw

starz youtube channel - search da vinci's demons:
http://www.youtube.com/user/starz/videos?query=da+vinci%27s+demons

tom riley................ as leonardo da vinci
laura haddock......... as lucrezia donati
blake ritson............ as count girolamo riario
elliot cowan............. as lorenzo medici
lara pulver.............. as clarice orsini
gregg chillin............ as zoroaster
hera hilmar............. as vanessa
eros vlahos............. as nico machiavelli
james faulkner........ as pope sixtus iv
tom bateman.......... as giuliano medici
alexander siddig...... as al-rahim
paul westwood......... as niccolo ardinghelli
jan erik madsen....... as zircher

cable television has really gotten into the renaissance over the past few years. "da vinci's demons"
follows in the footsteps of "the tudors" and "the borgias" by depicting this period of history as laced by
high adventure, heightened characters and lots and lots and lots of sex.

history vs. fiction -- this is a historical drama, but that doesn't mean we're dealing with non-
fiction. while david goyer insisted that at least 85-90 percent of their story comes from history, "da
vinci's demons" has more than a little embellishment. as goyer pointed out, "one of the themes of this
show is 'history is a lie.'" what bits are fictionalized? well, there does seem to be a whole lot of sorcery-
related stuff, which -- even if based on fact -- probably got exaggerated for tv. also, the show brings
da vinci together with contemporaries that he probably didn't meet. and the best possibly fictional
meeting? that would be with the romanian prince, vlad dracul. you might know the man better as
dracula. that's right -- leonardo da vinci meets freakin' count dracula!

da vinci's sexuality -- as any student of popular history knows, there has been a lot of
speculation over the years as to the specific orientation of leonardo's sexuality. does the tv version
follow along that speculation? kind of. while the trailer starz aired showed da vinci sharing intimacy
with (several) women, the panelists assured reporters that other orientation options were a definite
possibility.

leonardo da vinci, superhero -- many reporters quickly noted that leonardo, in the starz
version, is something of a renaissance superhero. it's not an accident. while we shouldn't expect
superman or anything, comparisons to batman are definitely there. da vinci's parentage was
mysterious and possibly violent, both men had a transformative experience in a cave, and -- as goyer
pointed out -- batman's original cape design was based on da vinci's sketch of a glider. the big
difference would be that da vinci builds war machines, attends parties and rides a horse. that's not
batman's type of thing.

sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/da_vinci%27s_demons
http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-32724
starz.com/originals/davincisdemons
blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/01/da-vincis-demons-sex-history-adventure-and-more-sex-
come-to-starz.html

show information page:
http://eztv.it/shows/815/da-vincis-demons/
show description, air dates, show resources, and torrent links.
updated: march 21, 2013

[#197108] Written by: Movie Critic [22/03/2013, 16:26]
Quote by boonesferry

da vinci's sexuality -- as any student of popular history knows, there has been a lot of
speculation over the years as to the specific orientation of leonardo's sexuality. does the tv version
follow along that speculation? kind of. while the trailer starz aired showed da vinci sharing intimacy
with (several) women, the panelists assured reporters that other orientation options were a definite
possibility.

ya right, there may be gay superheroes but the concept is not appealing enough to make a show about
them when more of the demographic is straight or otherwise do not celebrate their sexuality as a
cultural center. the exception to all of that may be lesbian superheroes since women are allegedly more
genetically biased towards bisexuality and male audience can usually sympathize with a protagonist
that has good taste in women.
the only show that gay/bisexual superhero it is close to work for a male protagonist is sherlock who
may be bisexual but it is not explicitly demonstrated or stated and cumberbatch plays him well as a
psychopathic ocd anti-hero who doesn't care too much for sex anyways.

for the rest it sounds like just another fictional history which between borgias, spartacus and vikings
isn't all that exciting.
[#197113] Written by: Engir [22/03/2013, 18:48]
i read something about this a few weeks...maybe a month ago my first thought when seeing the title
was probably like many other people this is a take off of the movies and will probably suck! in what i
read it is not, it is just a play on words for attention.

i will watch a few episodes some of it does sound interesting but i fear my interest will wain in those
few episodes.
[#197117] Written by: BoonesFerry [22/03/2013, 21:55]

i thoroughly enjoy the borgias, the tudors, and spartacus.
if this show tunrs out to be close to as good then i'll like this too.
fingers crossed, of course i'm not holding my breath.

[#197120] Written by: Tehkella [22/03/2013, 22:36]
and who will play ezio auditore?
[#197133] Written by: decanos78 [23/03/2013, 10:26]
too many new shows coming out that sound good >.> ima gona become a hermit soon
if they keep releasing good shows, i'll definatly give this a shot, been interested in davinci
and all his work for years.
[#197175] Written by: osmosis [24/03/2013, 06:22]
...or you're a biggot.
[#199835] Written by: Engir [10/05/2013, 00:58]
this is getting bad, really stupid they attempt to make this guy out as some conflicted genius but there is
not reason for him to be other than the characters own childish stupidity, bullshit, he is an idiot that does
stupid things that make no sense to anyone with common sense.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]