Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#203230] Written by: BoonesFerry [29/07/2013, 19:33]

Quote by sixsixtysix
... asshats ....

again, with the name calling, knock it off!

the next person who refers to other members/pirates as an asshole, cunt, dirty thief,
asshats, etc., may find themselves banned from the forums...and/or this site.

express your opinion without directly bashing other members who use our site.

[#203236] Written by: crossmr [29/07/2013, 22:58]
this vaguely reminds me of "dead boss"
[#203237] Written by: agrocalm [30/07/2013, 00:24]
Quote by sixsixtysix
i, like the majority of pirates, do pay my fair share. i have 90% of comcast's
offerings, netflix,
and amazon instant video (as well as a decent sized dvd [and now blu-ray] collection). i use this
site as my vcr*, as my capture card has long ceased to work.
yes, there is a difference, maybe not legally but morally, to full fledged leechers, who offer
nothing back to society. they should definitely be ashamed. if my actual dvr's firewire port wasn't
crippled by the powers that be, i wouldn't even need this place. i can also understand international
users vs. the industry's still-retard regioning and slow roll-out. still a better excuse than full
on not paying asshats.

* i use vcr and not dvr, because that's my generation, where i can record and keep it forever.

shut up, no one cares about your ethics or morals. tv executives and actors are making millions of
dollars a year, there is no need to feel any guilt or shame for downloading a tv show and if you do
feel this way please keep it to yourself.
[#203241] Written by: ockraz [30/07/2013, 01:45]
<angry> i take objection to the idea that people are cheap jerks for not paying $8/mo to netflix.
for one thing, you are paying $8 on top of what you pay your isp.

if you haven't noticed, the dotcom bubble prosperity of the 90s and the housing bubble which
allowed people to maintain during the 00s are gone. we have diminishing standards of living at the
low end of the wage spectrum and deficits that make increased public funding a problem.

the number of people on food stamps has doubled (in the u.s.) because of the recession. the cost
of the program has quadrupled since the turn of the century. right now we haven't been able to
renew funding because there's a congressional fight over cutting the budget for food stamps by
2%

in this context people may choose between cable and internet as the entirety of their entertainment
budget. the additional $8 isn't insignificant for everyone at a time when people are clipping coupons
to buy canned soup.
[#203254] Written by: phish73 [30/07/2013, 11:28]
we pirate for many different reasons. because the system as we know it doesnt work. but netflix is one of
the few models of delivering consumable media that is affordable and convenient. so why not support the
companies that are doing it right?
unfortunately though, most of the users of eztv are not enlightened enough to admit that they pirate only
because it is totally free, all the other nonsense about being "against the man", corrupt system, overpricing
etc etc its all bs.
[#203275] Written by: sinclap2 [30/07/2013, 21:00]
um...so what about the actual show? any opinions on it?
[#203278] Written by: BoonesFerry [30/07/2013, 23:02]

sometime between episode one and three i was hooked.
after watchin all 13 episodes....i recommended the show to several friends.

imdb - 11,814 users rated it

8.7 weighted average
9.0 arithmetic mean
9.0 median

high ratings across all age groups and genders.

[#203289] Written by: ockraz [31/07/2013, 09:23]
Quote by phish73
most of the users of eztv are not enlightened enough to admit that they pirate only
because it is totally free

you can consider yourself enlightened, and i'll consider you holier-than-thou and we'll agree to
disagre. netflix stock is up over 300% in the last year. i don't think they need $100 from me. that's
good because when i have an extra hundred dollars i buy books. if this weren't available as a torrent
i probably just wouldn't watch. house of cards i would watch- but only after it came out on dvd and
was available at my library.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]