TV Packs only

Peaky Blinders 1x02 HDTV x264-FoV

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#205129] Written by: sinclap2 [19/09/2013, 19:02]
the peaky blinders were a criminal gang based in birmingham between the wars. the name was derived
from the practice of stitching razor blades into the front of their flat caps, which could then be used as
weapons.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/peaky_blinders
[#205135] Written by: TraumaHound [20/09/2013, 00:09]
stars cillian murphy and sam neill...i wasn't sold on just the description but i am now!

tv show source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/peaky_blinders_(uk_tv_series)
[#205141] Written by: ockraz [20/09/2013, 04:51]
i'm a huge sam neill fan. i've watched more than a few clunkers just for his scenes.

wiki says he's a ci- is that like a chief of detectives? i get the impression that a uk inspector is
the same as a u.s. detective.
[#205148] Written by: [20/09/2013, 08:04]
i normally seem to start these posts with wow! who knew. many of my previous posts seem to carry this
phrase. i guess its just been my way of expressing surprise.

a program with the name peaky blinders (wt?!). and it turns out its a real name for a gang which
used razor blades in the peak of their caps as a weapon to slash and blind their advisories. i guess it
corresponds with the name jammie dodgers (a biscuit for the uninitiated), and of course the british
penchant for understatement and, oh i don't know, oddness(?).

this is only the second episode but seriously worth a watch. we have "hell on wheels", "copper",
both principally american, and now we have "ripper street" and here we have "peaky blinders" both
out of the uk, another two period procedurals of the same vain. for my preference this is shaping
up to be the best of breed.

sam neill (ci campbell - that would be chief inspector ockraz, a manager of detectives - look up di
in the same context) does a surprisingly good irish accent for a new zealander. i suspect its a
belfast accent, being the consummate actor that he is, but i wouldn't know, not being irish. my 13
year old daughter has been googling images of cillian murphy (tommy shelby) for the past week,
going "i cant believe he's thirty eight years old qq", so they got the teen market down just fine lol.

seriously though, metacritic et al haven't picked up on this yet, but i'm sure we'll have some very
positive stars appearing soon.

[#205173] Written by: wynn [21/09/2013, 02:22]
aye, this is a quite good show indeed. looking forward to the rest of the season
[#205232] Written by: davee [22/09/2013, 11:33]
Quote by ockraz
i'm a huge sam neill fan. i've watched more than a few clunkers just for his scenes.

wiki says he's a ci- is that like a chief of detectives? i get the impression that a uk inspector is
the same as a u.s. detective.

this might be late but isn't a ci a criminal informant? a snitch.
[#205430] Written by: BoonesFerry [24/09/2013, 20:29]

show information page:
http://eztv.it/shows/889/peaky-blinders/
show description, air dates, show resources, and torrent links.
updated: september 24, 2013

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]