TV Packs only

Almost Human S01E01 HDTV x264-LOL

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#208230] Written by: Sanunes [18/11/2013, 14:22]
i am still not sold on almost human for it has promise. its not a bad show, but at the same time its not a
good show either.
[#208238] Written by: Budking [18/11/2013, 17:50]
Quote by pffft
i guess i'm the only dissenting vote here...

imho....
i thought the show was....terrible!!
the only redeeming spot might be some of the special effects graphics, though they weren't anything
spectacular.
the show is staged in 2048...just 35 years from now:
in 35 years, do think all the clothing will look just like what we wear today? sure there will be
some changes in fashion!
the cars are not even mildly futuristic. ya think cars from today will be popular in the year 2048 :-)
the dsr robot, dorian, is laughable. a robot with perfect communication skills, human like skin,
and human agility. a complete optimist likely wouldn't see all this even in early the next century!!

yet, if you like implausible sci-fi...this is a show for you.

doesn't sound like you actually know what is plausible... but pretty much ever single sci fi show ever
created is implausible, maybe the genre isn't for you .
[#208239] Written by: BillyGaille [18/11/2013, 17:54]
a little bit trivial, but i enjoyed it also.
i hope it will get a little more "finesse" with the following eps, even if it's stupid of me to hope for finesse
with fox, but well, i liked this episode.
(i hope i don't look too pedantic, but this is really what i felt when watching maybe it is because of the
main actor was always frowning )
[#208242] Written by: Runil [18/11/2013, 20:18]
where have i seen this concept b4? oh yes, alien nation. with a demolition man "sleeper awakes"
twist thrown in. i have just one question....what's with the three seashells? maybe this show will
finally answer that question; or at least give us a good laugh if they can include a reference to it.
[#208243] Written by: toeloop [18/11/2013, 21:10]
we all want sci-fi so much we lower our standards..

everyone here is saying "it wasn't terrible, so i'll watch it!" its funny.

anyway you had me at "it wasn't sh1t" so ill give it a try.
[#208256] Written by: Runil [18/11/2013, 23:55]
ok, watched it. yes, very blade runner(y) atmospherics. not sold yet on the android v. human
premiss, but its pretty good. from what i've seen, you could lose the whole android storyline and
still have a pretty good 'cop' show. the android story line and special effects may have been
necessary to interest the producers, but i don't think it makes the show work any better than if
they were not there.
[#208264] Written by: Gelious [19/11/2013, 03:19]
Quote by pffft

the only redeeming spot might be some of the special effects graphics, though they weren't anything
spectacular.
the show is staged in 2048...just 35 years from now:
in 35 years, do think all the clothing will look just like what we wear today? sure there will be
some changes in fashion!
the cars are not even mildly futuristic. ya think cars from today will be popular in the year 2048 :-)
the dsr robot, dorian, is laughable. a robot with perfect communication skills, human like skin,
and human agility. a complete optimist likely wouldn't see all this even in early the next century!!

yet, if you like implausible sci-fi...this is a show for you.

so your are unhappy that a sci-fi show isn't realistic? lol. that't kinda the entire point of it,
because it is not a documentary, or reality tv.

also, if you are here for the "special effects graphics", you are in the wrong place altogether.
you need thor, avengers, transfomers etc, and the last time i checked eztv don't do movies.

[#208268] Written by: pffft [19/11/2013, 04:22]
Quote by budking
doesn't sound like you actually know what is plausible... but pretty much ever
single sci fi show ever
created is implausible, maybe the genre isn't for you .

well, we just disagree on the thought that sci-fi presentations, not just tv shows,
are...implausible stories.

some are plausible, and some might be possible. others may be implausible fantasy, or implausible
due to science not possibly coinciding with the stories chronology.
almost human is definitely in the latter category.

implausible and fantasy: planet of the apes, day of the triffids, invasions of the body snatchers,
them, etc.
plausible or maybe possible: fahrenheit 451 (and many of bradbury's stories), space odyssey 2001,
1984, clockwork orange

no matter though...some will like almost human as an entertainment diversion, others may not.
maybe the show will have a second season...maybe not?

otoh, i like some implausible sci-fi/fantasy shows, such as grim...

[#208308] Written by: jer_sey [19/11/2013, 19:40]
the 2nd one it better than the 1st..
[#208571] Written by: xip [26/11/2013, 01:57]
uhm... wait... you classify clockwork orange as a sci-fi?!? o.o
[#208596] Written by: solitaire [26/11/2013, 13:10]
Quote by xip
uhm... wait... you classify clockwork orange as a sci-fi?!? o.o

ermm.. you been on the moloko again...

it's a sci-fi story!
[#208957] Written by: BoonesFerry [10/12/2013, 14:56]

'made for tv' movies, sometimes, if the tv scene caps them, and if it looks interesting.
'mad for theater' movies that air years later on tv, no, not so much our thing.

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]