Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#210064] Written by: phish73 [18/01/2014, 23:14]
sounds terrible
[#210066] Written by: Rastarn [18/01/2014, 23:31]
show description:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/black_sails_%28tv_series%29

black sails is an upcoming television drama series created by jon steinberg and robert levine for
starz set to debut on january 25, 2014. steinberg will serve as executive producer, alongside
michael bay, brad fuller and andrew form, while levine will be co-executive producer. it is written
as a prequel to robert louis stevenson's novel treasure island. on july 26, 2013, starz renewed
the
show for a ten-episode second season. the early renewal was based on the positive fan reaction to
the show at the san diego comic-con. on january 17th, 2014, starz placed the entire first episode
on youtube.
[#210065] Written by: OneTrickPony [18/01/2014, 23:31]
imdb.com/title/tt2375692/
[#210067] Written by: droneprobe [19/01/2014, 00:02]
awsome:
yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sri1vsrdytw
[#210068] Written by: DungeonRaider [19/01/2014, 00:46]
i saw a leaked copy a week ago - rather enjoyed it and re-downloaded it for a better copy.
[#210069] Written by: BoonesFerry [19/01/2014, 01:29]

show information page...

show information page:
http://eztv.it/shows/962/black-sails/
show description, air dates, show resources, and torrent links.
updated: january 18, 2014

[#210072] Written by: patsfangr [19/01/2014, 02:40]
maybe it "sounds terrible" to you, phish73; but it will have to pretty bad to turn me off. i've loved pirate
movies since i was about 5 years old; and aging hasn't lessened the enjoyment. if this is at all well done in
terms of writing, acting, action and cinematography; i'll love it!
[#210076] Written by: ockraz [19/01/2014, 03:18]
Quote by patsfangr
maybe it "sounds terrible" to you, phish73; but it will have to pretty bad to turn
me off. i've loved pirate movies since i was about 5 years old; and aging hasn't lessened the
enjoyment. if this is at all well done in terms of writing, acting, action and cinematography; i'll love it!

i have to admit, my first reaction was the same as phish73 - a treasure island prequel? sounds like
something that would have aired on the the wonderful world of disney.

i'm going to watch because it's starz and i'm eager to see what direction they're taking. they
impressed me with spartacus, totally blew me away with boss, and unfortunately followed that with
the utterly forgettable da vinci's demons.

plus, that poster is just awesome. usually that wouldn't matter, but it's a really clever design and
conveys a promise that this won't be 'kid stuff' pirates.
[#210077] Written by: BoonesFerry [19/01/2014, 03:21]

it must be good..

on july 26, 2013, starz renewed the show (before airing of the first season) for a ten-episode
second season. the early renewal was based on the positive fan reaction to the show at the san
diego comic-con.

[#210082] Written by: Dramonicous [19/01/2014, 05:06]
i think this will be my number 1 favorite new show this year.
[#210084] Written by: BlackSatar [19/01/2014, 07:03]
phish73, i think it sounds terrific!!!!!!!
[#210085] Written by: Ferozban [19/01/2014, 07:53]
i hope its as mature as the description sounds... if it is some childish unrealistic pirate
adventure i'm pretty sure this ship will sink very quickly
[#210094] Written by: ockraz [19/01/2014, 13:11]
just finished watching-

it's not as thrilling a debut as boss or as action packed as spartacus' premiere, but it's good-
certainly better than da vinci.

it suffers a bit from 'phantom menace' type problems: the beginning and end of the episode are very
solid but there are real slow patches in between focused on politics and trade and establishing the
world the characters live in- which is problematic for a prequel.

so far, silver is the least interesting character, which is a bit concerning. in theory, he's the
central character. he's currently the keeper of what hitchcock called the 'macguffin ,' so he's
necessary to drive the plot right now, but everything about him is tired and predictable. i'm more
interested in the background of the guthrie family, of flint, of max, gates, heck even randall, than
i am of silver.
SPOILER ALERT - (highlight to read)

i'd much rather have lost him in the premier than the far more interesting singleton!

i'm not sure what to make of the cast just yet. jessica parker kennedy hasn't had time to do
anything but sketch the bare outlines of max so far. the actor playing gates looks and acts a bit
like david zayas from dexter, which is appropriate for the affable and competent right hand of the
captain. the character of eleanor is very interesting, although the actress hasn't done anything
noteworthy with her in the pilot. she does manage to look very pretty while 'roughing it,' which may
remind the viewer of maggie grace or dominique mcelligott from the early episodes of lost and hell
on wheels respectively.

by far, the most impressive is toby stephens. his captain flint is exactly the adventurer i'd
imagine jorah mormont of got must have been in his prime, before we meet him in the form of iain
glen's weary and tame retriever waiting at the feet of daenerys.
[#210099] Written by: Magicman2051 [19/01/2014, 15:57]
this is good. better, in my eyes, than any other first episode that starz has put out.

i hope that they spend more time on naval combat, i have a raging nerd boner for 17/18th century naval
warfare and its hard to find something that takes advantage of the massive scope that the era lends
storytelling. they always get caught up in boring shit like the tax revolt in the americas or whatever it was
that happened in france.

what i'll give this is that, some dodgy special effects aside, it looks well shot and has the right feel to it i
look forward to seeing more episodes.
[#210102] Written by: skyeater3 [19/01/2014, 16:25]
very solid ending to the opening episode.

looks good.
definitely one to watch.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]