TV Packs only

Defying Gravity S01E02 HDTV XviD-2HD

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#108004] Written by: Assmunch [03/08/2009, 12:56]
i liked it, lots of potential and, ignoring the stupid explanation for their gravity in space, very
"believable" - in sci-fi context, of course.

that said, i don't think it'll be around for too long.
[#108045] Written by: JLK [03/08/2009, 16:49]
definetly worth watching, hope the ratings will go up.
[#108089] Written by: slappy247 [03/08/2009, 21:01]
is anyone else having an issue with the file?

using vlc 1.0.1 it stops towards the end, but if i skip a few seconds a head it continues to play.
also, when i try to convert it with ffmpeg i get:

[mpeg4 @ 0x3eb810]header damaged.

any one getting the same thing, or have a solution?
[#108101] Written by: Assmunch [03/08/2009, 21:34]
yeah, come to think of it, i got that on both parts at around 30-something minutes. i don't think i
lost anything but it was an annoying skip. i used xine to watch them and i got the same skip on vlc
on linux.
[#108104] Written by: SirDeimos [03/08/2009, 21:40]
the minute adjustments of the shuttle when the office space guy was rescuing the hindu with no
pneumatic or combustible forces is no more realistic than star trek. also, it seems like the
writers if this show ripped a few ideas off of virtuality. in terms of realistic physics in space,
nobody beats battlestar galactica with almos. everything was nearly perfect other than the ftl
travel, which was by the rules of relativity still pretty believable.

just thinking out loud...
[#108106] Written by: SirDeimos [03/08/2009, 21:48]
there seemed to be a corruption of s01e01 at time stamp 36:00 roughly. when he recollects on his
dad's words. it only crashed streaming through my ps3 and doesn't on my computer, but if it does on
yours, just use vlc to skip to the time stamp:

ctrl-t ( or playback -> jump to specific time)
then type in 36:30. this is just after where the "corruption" i experienced was no longer apparent.

good luck
[#108108] Written by: slappy247 [03/08/2009, 22:01]
the corruption is both ep1 and ep2. could someone maybe re-encode and reup? i'd like to be able to
play it on xbmc.
[#108165] Written by: sCifI3001 [04/08/2009, 03:26]
Quote by slappy247
the corruption is both ep1 and ep2. could someone maybe re-encode and reup? i'd
like to be able to
play it on xbmc.

if they do, it wont be here, as eztv is not a user contribute site.

however if these faults exist, it is possible the scene will nuke, and repacks/propers will
eventually be available
[#108230] Written by: babylon2 [04/08/2009, 09:01]
welcome back eztv
[#108235] Written by: onomatapoeia [04/08/2009, 09:37]
so far so good but they i hope that the "beta" thang gets explained soon or i may give up.
[#108267] Written by: Assmunch [04/08/2009, 13:38]
the beta thing is why i think it won't last too long.

if they explain it and it's something too scifi-y they'll lose the mainstream crowd and if it's too
banal it'll sink the series in a black hole of situational drama with no objective except, of
course, the 6 year mission.

i liked it, i like ron livingston and that german chick gave me a happy feeling so i hope it sticks
around but i don't think it will.
[#108309] Written by: david5182 [04/08/2009, 19:29]
defying.gravity.s01e02.repack.hdtv.xvid-2hd
[#108398] Written by: Dheltem [05/08/2009, 11:49]
Quote by assmunch
i liked it, lots of potential and, ignoring the stupid explanation for their gravity
in space, very "believable" - in sci-fi context, of course.
that said, i don't think it'll be around for too long.

anyone else bothered by "office space guy" tossing the ball during his video diary at the end of the
pilot? unless it was during an acceleration burn (and they'd probably be strapped in for that)...
it pretty much negates their stupid artificial gravity thing.

then again, xo tigh on bsg muttered "jesus" as an expletive in the mini-series (what, about 150,005
b.c?), so maybe the sci-fi nuts aren't as rabid as i thought.

i also liked it a lot, and the wife too... but i must agree it probably won't last... no attention
to detail for the sci-fi nuts, and limited cast=limited drama for the drama queens.
[#108497] Written by: phishybongwaters [06/08/2009, 05:15]
well, if you guys paid much attention you'd notice :

a. the ship has segments that are clearly rotating creating "artificial gravity" from centripetal force
b. they clearly stated that some areas of the ship have artificial gravity, while others do not, but
if you are wearing a "nano" suit, you'll be magnetically drawn to the floor.

don't think it explains the baseball, but then again, maybe it totally does.

and everyone calling this show grey's astronomy can just stop, it's called character development,
you can't just throw a group together sprinkle space ontop and expect it to rock. this is why
episode 1 spent most of its time explaining the situation, return to mars, blah blah blah.

episode 2 was about developing the characters to the viewer actually has a reason to watch.

and seriously, after 2 episodes you are ready to stop watching if they don't explain beta? do you
have an attention span at all? some of us sat happily though 7 or 8 seasons of the x-files waiting
for an explanation and closure, which some will argue we never got.

seriously, the beta deal is going to be one of the driving forces behind the tension on this show,
as at least the commander knows what's up, and will probably let it slip to donner. i wouldn't
expect an explanation on beta this season at all.

anyways, i liked it, has potential to be good and suck, so who knows, don't let the complainers ruin
it, check it out for yourself.

screw battlestar galactica
[#108522] Written by: Blackstar [06/08/2009, 06:38]
i think the crew are supposed to be informed about beta 43 days into the flight? of course that will just
be whatever they know about beta, which doesn'r seem to be much. explaining the whole thing too
soon would be like galactica finding earth in the first season...
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]