TV Packs only

Being Human US S01E01 There Goes the Neighborhood Part 1 of 2 HDTV XviD-FQM

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#150871] Written by: MyrddinEmyrs [18/01/2011, 12:01]
i completely disagree with syfi, essentially plagiarizing other people`s works, and all it does is
make it seem like their staff is too stupid to think for themselves. cancel this and bring back
stargate universe (which is a spin off and yet more creative than this trend of plagiarism/remakes
in our media today) and caprica.
i'm glad i download their good shows... doctor who, eureka, warehouse 13, sanctuary, so i can
avoid commercials, and advertisements for terrible/plagiarized shows. it's so sad & pathetic that
if any classic show, like mash would've been cancelled before the show got popular, or these
networks "jump the shark" and are too arrogant to admit that they are responsible for the show
losing popularity....like sliders or roar.
syfi start using your brains and create new shows instead of raping the shows from other countries.
[#150877] Written by: crazyme [18/01/2011, 13:32]
but where is part 2 ?
[#150883] Written by: reeferrocker [18/01/2011, 14:32]
i really didn't think they could screw it up this bad...

one of the main attractions with the real being human series is that is was very original.
they didn't follow the standardized guide-lines about werewolf's, vamps and ghosts. this version is
utterly americanized and ripped from it's charm.

sally went from being charming, lovable and useful to an annoying bitch with no meaning.
aiden is now an uncaring emotionless douche and josh is just there.

the characters and all their qualities are compromised and destroyed, it isn't even a shriveled husk
left of the original series. feels like the only think that's taken from the original is the name of
the show.

i'm glad that being human series 3 will air on the 23 of january.
[#150887] Written by: tachyonemitter [18/01/2011, 15:01]
i guess it's watchable, at least to see the similarities vs the screw ups. anyway compared to the
british one this is a big bucket of sweaty balls with ginger pubes :d
[#150897] Written by: dogm23 [18/01/2011, 17:08]
man, you guys are harsh, sgu was pretty crappy to start and they finally clicked by the end of
season 1. caprica took a season and a 1/2 to really get it's gears going. it's a shame syfy
cancels good shows but converting uk shows to us versions hasn't all been bad
[#150918] Written by: spaztard [18/01/2011, 20:06]
i'm not one of those idiots who likes to bash anything that the us remakes but sorry, this was a bad
decision. bad casting and directing. the voice over at teh beginning should have got the actor
kicked out of acting school. syfy should probably have been aware that the second a viewer saw
another american actor turn into a vampire or werewolf, they would have switched off, leaving no
time for teh viewer to discover that this one is actually a bit different.
should have just aired the original.
[#150923] Written by: Bacardimonk [18/01/2011, 21:00]
why did i even bother wasteing my bandwith with this dross, oh well at least the proper being human
resumes on bbc3 on 23 jan. but given how bad this reimagined syfy version is i for one am not
holding out any hope for the u.s. version of dr.who
[#150944] Written by: Xeno360 [18/01/2011, 22:50]
Quote by dungeonraider
message to syfy.... cancel this crud quick and give sgu another chance instead!!

i agree! sgu was what i looked forward to every week. now its cancelled and shit like this is airing.. i
mean cmon!!! remaking an already half way decent tv show. wtf is scyfy thinking!
[#150957] Written by: skaarofman [19/01/2011, 00:03]
well im not gonna say its awesome but its soooo much better than skins.. and i couldnt get into the
bbc version i only gave it about 3 episodes and just could not relate to or get into the cast..
like i said i dont see this gaining alot of fans but at least i can relate to the american cast a
little better.. if i had to watch one i guess id choose this one over the british one.. but like i
said i only saw 3 episodes of the original.
[#150997] Written by: rubyfruit67 [19/01/2011, 04:56]
i think they meant the us version of "torchwood"....?
doctor who is, has and always will remain an exclusively bbc production!

torchwood, however, has moved it's production to the us, and combined the cast from cardiff (gwen
and captain jack) with some american actors, for a new twist. that i might be able to get into!
emphasis on "might".

i could not even fathom a us version of doctor who...it can't be done...it shouldn't be done...ever! it
would be a total travesty...a crime against humanity (and quality television) !!!!
[#151043] Written by: RedMatrix [19/01/2011, 10:45]
Quote by jolico
we'll accept crap because it'll all be crap on syfy (syance fykshin ???)

you actually made me lol.
[#151058] Written by: sX2 [19/01/2011, 12:14]
Quote by rubyfruit67
i think they meant the us version of "torchwood"....?
doctor who is, has and always will remain an exclusively bbc production!

actually i kinda remember the us already tried a remake way back when and it totally flopped. since
then they stayed away from the doctor himself.

Quote by rubyfruit67
torchwood, however, has moved it's production to the us, and combined the cast
from cardiff (gwen and captain jack) with some american actors, for a new twist. that i might be
able to get into!
emphasis on "might".

i could not even fathom a us version of doctor who...it can't be done...it shouldn't be done...ever! it
would be a total travesty...a crime against humanity (and quality television) !!!!

still, an american torchwood is just as bad. torchwood was supposedly set up by the queen as
defense against the doctor, so it makes no sense to move it to america.

edited to add: just watched being human us and i'll stick to the original. no contest here. they
obviously copied the script did a quick replace with some names and places and decided to move at
half the speed of the uk version. the chracters and the whole show lack the charm of the original
[#151072] Written by: PrissyTomboy [19/01/2011, 15:27]
the worst thing i could say about the us version is that it was a little cheesy but, i thought the
same thing about the original. after giving it a little time the first one hooked me, so i expect
this one will too. i just hope they make a little more changes in the story, i don't want to watch
the same thing with different faces.
[#151435] Written by: bipolarbear [22/01/2011, 08:55]
it
[#151487] Written by: Death-Axe [22/01/2011, 21:04]
not really a fan of the original, and this doesn't seem that great either. i'll give it a chance
though.

the guy that called warehouse 13 and eureka worthless is a first class idiot.

and as for shameless.... not seen the usa version and won't either: the channel 4 show is utter
made-for-chav garbage. surly the american can't be much worse.

tis a shame indeed sgu was axed for these remakes though, utter silly idea. didn't really care about
caprica, it lost the plot in the second episode.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]