TV Packs only

Being Human US S01E01 There Goes the Neighborhood Part 1 of 2 HDTV XviD-FQM

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#151590] Written by: gamerfreak [24/01/2011, 01:51]
ahhh the uk version is out. thank god far that. now they can cancel this crap, they tried, they
failed, move on.
[#151679] Written by: griann [25/01/2011, 01:18]
i would be the first to denounce the show, but that would be easy and crass. us remaking of what is
already good, needing no changes but still changed to make it "relevant" or "accesible" to us
audiences is simply an insult to us audiences. but crtiticism of the resulting product based on that
preconception is unfair and prejudiced. possibly true and in most instances a good short cut to
truth, but let's be fair.

the acting is good, the style is good but the story verges on the simplistic. from the opening
monologue, the whole concept is given away rather than being a meditiation on any human condition.

damn i have a whole essay just on the first episode, but i'm sure i will run out of characters i am
allowed to type.

but don't blame the actors or the production values. blame the need to change things for no readily
explainable reason which must ultimately result in an inferior product.

we can only wonder why it was grabbed with both hands and dragged acrosss the atlantic if it wasn't
what they wanted. i am simply thankful that us conversion of an excellent show, only made because of
a wordlwide petition after the pilot to the bbc made them commit, continues to a third season.

i will view a few episodes in case something surprisingly good arises, but i will follow the bbc
season 3 without hesitation.
[#151684] Written by: BoonesFerry [25/01/2011, 02:04]
btw, this is not made in the us it is made in canada. so this is a na (north america) remake but not a
us (united states) remake.

i too am keeping up with the uk original...it's an awesome show. not sure about the na canada
remake...i'll give it a couple more episoded before deciding whether or not to keep watching it.

so far this year the us has butchered two great shows, shameless and skins, but somehow i keep
watching them hoping they will get better because the uk originals were so friggin awesome.
shameless uk and skins uk are two of my all time favorite shows.

two uk shows that have been remade by the us that were not failures would be the office and queer
as folk. so this gives me hope that just maybe this show will turn out ok too.
[#151847] Written by: brainz80 [27/01/2011, 14:18]
excrement. watch the british (bbc) -version
[#152604] Written by: mit [07/02/2011, 04:47]
sci if have cancelled to many good shows only copying uk shows and making them ultra-crap

i was going to watch this and the uk one now i'm just going to watch the uk one...

and to sci -if bring back sgu
[#153290] Written by: kreaturen [14/02/2011, 15:23]
this is good. the cast is right, and the only one i'm unsure of is the girl(ghost), but replacing annie is
no easy feat. she's the most adorable character of all time, allthough lately in the uk series she's
become a bit too much... but hopefully the new one will grow on me.

anyway the us version feels grander, more sophisticated, and slightely darker. i'm going to enjoy
watching this show again with a slightly differernt edge. if it's not cancelled that is... people should stop
bitching and enjoy the story, even if we've seen it before. special effects are better too, or at least the
style is better. never like the design of the uk warewolfs, but the americans have always had that right.
[#153327] Written by: Sociacioux [15/02/2011, 01:32]
much better than the uk version, just my opinion, i really found the uk version to be too dull and
it never left me wanting more, the us version did that for me.

anyway, why the frack isn't any1 anywhere complaining about the god damn advertisement @38:52 , why
isn't there a proper yet?
[#153496] Written by: CypherUK [16/02/2011, 17:54]
syfy... how about maybe... bringing back sgu?
[#155681] Written by: IngridO [23/03/2011, 09:57]
this discussion reminds me of the discussion about which version of austens pride and prejudice is
the best. (bbc or the movie) bbc won that one too.
[#164898] Written by: macichan [14/08/2011, 12:53]
i would have to say this is just an awesome show. it feels more real than the british one, the actors are
just amazing! aidan is a typical vampire with a cynical sense of humor. josh is just an awesome character
who's humor is always directed to himself. sally is very quirky and she portrays the real image of an
ghost. no make up, no over glamourising. bishop is just, hes so wonderful, mark pellegrino portrays him so
well. i get chills just by looking at his eyes. everything is really awesome and the plot line is great.
people keep saying that doctor who is amazing and/or whatever. i love british shows. and for a time
people got me convinced that it was an amazing show. so i watched an episode. from start to finish. and i
have to say it was bullshit.
the jokes that were written might have been good on script but the way the actors portrayed them it just, i
couldnt find a laugh throughout the whole episode. and it seemed very mindless and cheap.
the acting was very poor, like watching a sitcom.
im sorry but people should get off their high asses.
the british version of being human might have been first.
but this is very much more believable.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]