TV Packs only

eurovision song contest 2011 final hdtv xvid-angelic

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#160162] Written by: Icarusty [18/05/2011, 14:01]
i completely disagree with the guy above who says everyone should just sing in english, save us (as
in the english speakers) the hassle to translate. believe it or not, the world does not revolve
around the english speakers of the world. not only does it completely defeat the point of eurovision
(where countries of different backgrounds, history, culture and languages can unite for one night of
festivities), but also shows the arrogance of some in the english speaking world. it would be
terrible if every single person on the planet only spoke english - humans should not be the same clones.

Quote by kelpie

going back to the politics.. is the voting really that much influenced by politics? what if they
just like each
other's music, after all they have the same culture so why not the same taste in music then? this year
was pretty weird though, so many countries got 12 points..

if only it were that simple. if you look back the past few decades, greece and cyprus have always
given 12 points for each other, same with eastern european countries and the nordic bloc... this
would be fine if "their type" of music was constant throughout the years - but as we have seen,
every year the entries have different styles - for example one year serbia had a lesbian woman
dressed in a suit singing some emo song, this year it was some sort of austin powers style thing....

[#160170] Written by: xip [18/05/2011, 17:18]
i'm not saying that evryone should speak the same language, i'm saying that most people prefer
english over a language they don't understand.
(and i still think that some languages has advantages over others in sound and melody)

that does not mean that some people might not prefer something different than english.

but like i wrote, if people did not preferred english, then 99% on the radio main-stream would not
be in english, it is! so this logic is sound.

if you or i or the people in this forum like the music is irrelevant, but what it means is that this
is what the big mass listens to.

if your idea of joining a contest is to win, then you should make a contribution that is strong,
that is all i'm saying, and this makes perfect sense.

and if i joined a tournament, i would research what works and what didn't, look at older winners and
compare to people who did really bad to learn from past mistakes, seems logical to me?

hehe well i'm normally not this cranky, but that is why you get for writing forum posts 5:00 in the
morning

sorry if i sounded a bit to harsh in my old post, but 'using logic to increase odds' don't make you
a moron
[#160192] Written by: kelpie [19/05/2011, 03:06]
to be fair, the "english" some of these eurovision contestants claim to sing is.. pretty much the same as
their own language. can't understand it. i always just read the subtitles if i can't tell what it says. so it
makes no difference. actually i always read the subs because they're hilarious :d now that i think about it,
those poor translations really are part of the fun!

this year the points were decided by votes (50%) and professional critiques, yes? perhaps that explains
why so many countries got 12 points.. kind of meddled with the political voting.

what in the world do people gain by voting their neighbors though? i'd never vote my neighbor, saying "ha!
my neighbor won again and we lost miserably" isn't exactly glorious.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]