Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#163102] Written by: itorrent [10/07/2011, 00:14]
Quote by naggerman
thanks been waiting for this first ep looks good nice to see jack again i'll be
downloading english version
aswell cant get enough of torchwood

so we can assume the uk version will end up here.

here in au (since we get it just hours after the us) we get their version but i did notice the
season preview that aired before the end credits was different to the us on and much longer, not
just for the next ep. maybe we got the uk version?
[#163106] Written by: ListerD [10/07/2011, 03:11]
everything i hoped for plus a bit more. the move to america was a bit ham handed but otherwise nice.
capt jake, god i miss him. happy trampers nearly getting their collective heads blown off in a horizontal
drizzle in wales... class!

worth the wait, now to last 1 more week.
[#163108] Written by: Kargor [10/07/2011, 05:07]
i just hope they make something decent out of it.

right now, on the plus side, the whole situation is way beyond normal. jack being immortal in a way
even the doctor can't "fix", and out of the blue everything is reversed --- while humans still won't
regenerate (apparently), they won't die. and jack seems to have lost his immortality (or maybe not),
or at least he doesn't regenerate. i guess we'll get a few more details on the next ep. technically,
this is beyond normal alien twiddling. not even a timelord could do that "out of the blue", and
assuming the master isn't dead we have two, maybe three timelords around (not quite sure about river
song).

however, with children of earth being a whole pile of crap, the entire story mostly being a
"torchwood running away from government hunters wanting to kill them", i was hoping for an
improvement. and now? hey, we have some powerful unknowns hunting torchwood. they even know to find
jack in the cia archive. they can't seem to find gwen, though, despite rex locating her in a couple
of minutes. or maybe they did find her (chopper at the beginning?), but for some reason decided to
attack only when jack and rex where there to help out/watch/whatever. granted, i don't know much
about rockets either, i just thought it was a very interesting rocket, going all the way through the
house and basically doing no damage. either that, or an extremely unlucky shot?

so is this the "new torchwood" --- some story (children of earth, miracle day) that is deliberately
kept in the background in favor of the "some powerful organization is hunting torchwood for probably
completely stupid reasons" part? i mean, if (and i think he will be) jack gets back to his old
immortal self, they can kill him over and over again, so they just have to add new characters on
each season for the "powerful organization" to kill off. again.

and no, even if jack has lost his immortality for the time being (btw, we don't know what happens
when "miracle day" ends. i'm currently considering the undeads to be just that: zombies. the second
"miracle day" ends they'll all drop) i don't think it was caused by the "unknown powerful
organization" just to give them a chance to kill jack. even if that doctor doesn't know about
torchwood or unit, i tend to agree with his "noone on this earth". which makes the whole "hunting
torchwood" part another annoying and pointless sidestory that should be kept in the background and
finished off quickly.
[#163115] Written by: bipolarbear [10/07/2011, 08:29]
nice! really enjoyed that.
bill pullman was a bit creepy, is he physically well?
was a bit silly of the bbc not to air it at a similar time or day as starz, will be interesting to
see what's different on thursday.
nice to see a bit more new sci-fi on, at least i can give up on falling skies(aka falling shi#e) now.
[#163117] Written by: the1freeman [10/07/2011, 09:28]
i enjoyed this immensely. i don't think the move to the us was that big of a deal. russel davies is
still making it, and the fears that this will be a reboot turned out to be completely wrong.
also, if this will be even half as good as children of earth is (i still can't believe how awesome
that one is...), it will be wicked good.
[#163123] Written by: solitaire [10/07/2011, 13:06]
loved this episode...

anyone know of a way of getting the "torchwood: web of lies" mini-comic? seems it's itunes only
i don't have a win or mac machine?

if not i'll have to dig out my old xp install disk and see if if can get it installed...
[#163125] Written by: alexlana [10/07/2011, 16:43]
crap
[#163128] Written by: naggerman [10/07/2011, 18:45]
Quote by itorrent
Quote by naggerman
thanks been waiting for this first ep looks good nice to see jack
again i'll be
downloading english version
aswell cant get enough of torchwood

so we can assume the uk version will end up here.

here in au (since we get it just hours after the us) we get their version but i did notice the
season preview that aired before the end credits was different to the us on and much longer, not
just for the next ep. maybe we got the uk version?

i hope the uk version ends up on here but it does not air until july the 14th then i'll check to see if it is
different
[#163130] Written by: kokobombon [10/07/2011, 20:00]
i
[#163147] Written by: Flitter [11/07/2011, 00:02]
apparently not. i read "starz in the us have the contractual right to the world premiere, that
relates to the deal that was done and ultimately this has created better value for licence fee payers."
[#163190] Written by: solitaire [11/07/2011, 15:11]
@kokobombon
it's not a "us remake"
it's the 4th season/series (just with american backing)
[#163335] Written by: kokobombon [13/07/2011, 08:59]
thanks, solitaire
i watched episode one and it
[#163443] Written by: lady_drose_sd [15/07/2011, 07:04]
hi!

does anyone know where can i find bbc's version? i wanna see both episodes to check if there's
really going to be a difference, and if there is... i will have to see both, cause i don't want to
miss a thing. so, could someone point me out where to find bbc's version of the episode?

i really hope you can help me.
[#163444] Written by: andyw64 [15/07/2011, 07:30]
uk version here:
http://torrentz.eu/3f0cb8dca736465b87608811c51f3939d283995c
[#163451] Written by: lady_drose_sd [15/07/2011, 09:02]
thank you for the quick response but is there a direct donwload or a e-link for the emule? i don't
know how to use torrents...
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]