Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#184279] Written by: paperplanes [30/05/2012, 13:48]
omg green fire is fu king awesome
[#184288] Written by: bunnisorn [30/05/2012, 19:18]
if you've read the books, which at 800+ pages are admittedly quite long - then they are absolutely
"relevant when evaluating this show". i do try very hard to judge the show on its own merits; got's
production values are almost always excellent, but even so i frequently find the story lacking because of
all the omissions. the quality of this episode's special effects did make up a little bit for the drastic
simplification of the battle, but when you consider that 80-90% of the airtime was devoted to that one
event and they still had to chop the nose off to make it fit it's hardly encouraging.

now i understand that to fully flesh out even one of these novels you would need multiple seasons of 20+
episodes... but wait, that's what they're contemplating for future seasons already! i just wish they would
have done it in the first place instead of these two seasons of brief skits.
[#184325] Written by: keizerhalil [31/05/2012, 11:48]
best fuckin episode i have seen in my short miserable life!
[#184437] Written by: Dracusis [03/06/2012, 13:15]
Quote by movie critic
what are you talking about?
SPOILER ALERT - (highlight to read)

the one that was on the white horse at the end was definitely not a friendly.

or if you mean the one that slashed the imp on the battlefield, the king's knights hate the imp for threatening and humiliating them so finding him in the open field of battle is a perfect opportunity
for them to get back at the dwarf because if anyone asks what happens they just say stenis's men killed him.

and a dog that is not loyal

i don't think you could be any more wrong if you tried. if you've read the books, re-read them properly because you missed a crapload.

SPOILER ALERT - (highlight to read)

if you haven't read the books it's not important to know why that happened to the imp right now or who was behind it, all you need to know is that he got fucked up and was betrayed by someone.
i can't say any more but it should become clear eventually. perhaps the take away is that while indulging his pride on the battlefield he lost sight of the bigger game and someone was there to take
advantage of that. pretty much a common theme in this series, embrace something and things go to shit.

the hound freaked the fuck out and fled because he's bone deep petrified of fire. that's how he got his
scars, his brother (the mountain that rides) pushed his face into a brazier (the hot fire kind, nothing to
do with boobs) when he was a kid because he was playing with his brothers toy. i believe they covered that in the tv series early on, regardless in the books they made it obvious that the fire
broke him that day. there's still a lot more to his story that we'll see in later episodes/seasons though.
[#184538] Written by: bunnisorn [05/06/2012, 00:27]
Quote by dracusis
there's still a lot more to his story that we'll see in later episodes/seasons though.

you had me going up until that last sentence. (/trollface)
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]