Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#202816] Written by: jukkie [19/07/2013, 11:02]
Quote by hgeronimo
Quote by jukkie
a police show...

how original...

i wonder what is original in your opinion.

most things that aren't about cops or hospitals?
[#203615] Written by: Imperor [09/08/2013, 17:32]
Quote by cameltoe
Quote by fuzi0719
it has potential, but the female lead almost makes me want to not
watch it. i can't
quite tell if
she is really that bad of an actress or she is being directed in such a way to make her appear to be
a really bad actress. it is as if someone said, "hey, let's combine 'monk' and 'the wire', should
be wonderful!". i will watch a couple more episodes and hope my initial dislike of her doesn't make
me hate the whole series.

haw. i think her character just has mild or moderate case of asperger's some other form of high
functioning autism (hfa). it's not mentioned anywhere but all the distinguishing marks are there.
limited empathy, takes things literally and follows phrases and expressions up with questions if
it's something that has to be read between the lines, bad at reading between the lines, clear sense
of what's right and wrong, follows procedure to everyone's detriment... she does kinda neat job at
that. could be better, could be worse. her colleagues view her as an oddball... the list goes on.
it's pretty textbook case of hfa.

as to the lead actress, in the original it's very obvious that she's pretty much got asbergers! the
american version does not convey this enough, which is why some might convey her as "a bad actress"...
but to put it straight, she's supposed to be a very dispassionate person, following the rules as
they are written, with no real understanding as to why. a big part of the series is her journey into
a sort of "greater understanding of the human psyche".
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]